Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

So....has anyone ever had Church's Chicken? because it's coming

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/poultry-prayers-answered-575670632.html

btw here's their Ontario Menu

https://www.churchschicken.ca/ontario/menu/

I also had to get a quote from someone who's had experience with Church's namely my aunt who was born and raised in Texas but moved to Winnipeg, she said her brother worked there, she told me it's nothing special but the biscuits are good, like I had said with Popeye's previously I will try this for myself and then state my opinion of it...an they actually have Ice Cream, KFC doesn't have Ice Cream, Popeyes doesn't have Ice Cream.

Edited by iHeart

This isn't "news" but I only just found out and thought I'd share...

If you've tried 'Willy Dogs' food cart out you already know they are one of the best food carts around. Well, they have a Willy Dogs kitchen operating out of the Deer Lodge curling rink right next to the St James Civic Centre. Dine in or take out, the observation deck has been lo-key converted into a small eating area overlooking the rinks. They are on skip, but the menu is cheaper if you just call ahead and pick it up yourself. That Big Whistle Burger of theirs is something else... a Winnipeg Old Country hot dog cut up onto a 1/4lb (or more?) smash patty with cheese and bacon... I just about nearly finished mine last night. Highly highly highly recommend this place if you want a burger or dog... or both at once.

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

So it looks like the Royal Fork Buffet will close just before Christmas, well I look forward to seeing what will go in it's place though

the place has been there for as long as I can remember like since I was little

At one point it was a high quality good restaurant.  Way back in the early 90's.......

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

So it looks like the Royal Fork Buffet will close just before Christmas, well I look forward to seeing what will go in it's place though

Tough for any new restaurant to open in Covid times. My Perkins beem empty for 2-3 years.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

they opened R&R during the pandemic, a new pizza place replaced Kent Restaurant. and Perogy Planet at Kildonan Crossing is opening soon, plus KP opened two new places to replace BDI and Arby's

Pizza and Perogy planet are take out which are doing very well during COVID.  It's the sit down places that took a kick in the pants during the lock down.     

I went to KP two weeks ago and the new African place was dead... so dead that they had no staff behind the counter!  The food looked interesting though I'd give it a try had someone been at the counter.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pizza and Perogy planet are take out which are doing very well during COVID.  It's the sit down places that took a kick in the pants during the lock down.     

I went to KP two weeks ago and the new African place was dead... so dead that they had no staff behind the counter!  The food looked interesting though I'd give it a try had someone been at the counter.  

already? I hope that bubble tea place is having better luck

14 minutes ago, iHeart said:

already? I hope that bubble tea place is having better luck

The place was open ,  I saw food and the lights were on.  They just didn't have anyone behind the counter for at least 30 minutes while we sat and ate.     

I hope it does well,  the T-Cona area needs much more diversity in its restaurants... we have way to much burger/pizza/american food joints.     

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The place was open ,  I saw food and the lights were on.  They just didn't have anyone behind the counter for at least 30 minutes while we sat and ate.     

I hope it does well,  the T-Cona area needs much more diversity in its restaurants... we have way to much burger/pizza/american food joints.     

The employees were probably on a bathroom break or something or busy behind the door of that area

And let's face it Transcona really, really, REALLY wanted a Wendy's

• 2 weeks later...