Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

i LOVE bacon and am trying to find a way to reconcile that with eating a dead pig.

Beef bacon is also delicious. First time I had it was in Kuala Lumpur. It was on a buffet and I ate my body weight in beef bacon. 

TLpg.gif

Also returning:

The BP Twist Bread (for the second straight year)

The Santa Fe Calzone

and the Cactus Cut Nachos (didn't someone here want that?)

they have also added  new cravings, The Pickle Pizza (why?), the Sriracha garlic chicken pizza, and Cajun Jambalaya, there's also one new dessert item mint chocolate cake but I asked for the Boston Cream Pie Scraper

welp, RIP Swiss Chalet in Winnipeg, both locations have closed (the corydon location has been gone for awhile) at least I got to try it once.....and I was profoundly disappointed, had the sauce tasted better than I hoped then it really would be a major loss but it didn't

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

welp, RIP Swiss Chalet in Winnipeg, both locations have closed (the corydon location has been gone for awhile) at least I got to try it once.....and I was profoundly disappointed, had the sauce tasted better than I hoped then it really would be a major loss but it didn't

I was very excited when I moved to So. Ontario to have Swiss Chalet. It was good but there were always much better rotisserie chicken dinners available elsewhere for the same or less. Chalet Swiss was overpriced, IMO. 

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

When I lived in Ontario my wife insisted that we go to Swiss Chalet because she's heard it was soooo good.

We went two times and both times (dinner) the place was full of really really old people and the food was extremely mediocre.   It's comfort food for 70+ year olds. 

On 2021-10-01 at 6:28 PM, iHeart said:

and apparently Perogy Planet is opening on my end of the planet in a month or two. Maybe I will give them a try even though I'm not a Perogy person

They've got some good options.  Haven't been there for a while, but the Perogies are pretty good.  If I remember correctly, they have desert ones too. 

• 2 weeks later...

so, Chicken parms are back at burger king (yay!) however today I tried a Tim Horton's Caprese sandwich and now I question if I can easily make home make mozzarella sticks if Soft Mozzarella exists

and tee-yah's has their holiday inventory in, from Reese's peanut brittle peanut butter cup to the "Who asked for this?" candy cane flavours (seriously who asked for Kale flavoured Candy Canes?) thankfully I opted to get the oreo flavoured stuff