Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

10 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I was working next to a McD’s in Thunder Bat in 95, they still had the pizza there after it left MB. I used to get it quite often, nothing like pizza with a side of fries. 

McPizza tasted like cardboard with bird droppings on it. 

well Tee-Yah's has Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles in stock. I can still remember a time when the flintstones cereals were still sold in Canada but then I guess somewhere along the lines there were discontinued up here (and I think they were more like corn pops with artificial colours and flavours) but it's in sweetened rice cereal form

so of course I couldn't help but try it because I missed out on it in childhood, the taste kind of reminds me of Trix. I think I have come to realize that most sugar cereals is just breakfast candy. Even though I have positive things to say about cereals like Kellogs Krave and Oreo O's (and believe me I was actually happy to see them on store shelves, because like I said I missed out on it in childhood, but then again the latter was never sold in Canada in it's original run) I'm not sure if this stuff is supposed to be consumed by people over the age of 30

Although I have enjoyed consuming the Fruity Pebbles, I probably will not buy it again (there's like two types of Yellow 5 in the cereal on in the hardened marshmallows the other IN the cereal) they also have Fruity Pebbles Candy bars in stock at the store (but even I think it should have been done in cereal bar form

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-04-30 at 3:48 PM, iHeart said:

they say somewhere down the line it's something cool for the summer *cough cough* only a dollar all summer *cough* but it's likely going to be a long gone McFlurry of the past (smarties, Fudge-o, Coffee Crisp, Caramel Oreo, Rolo, M&Ms, Skor, Red Velvet even though it was quite atrocious)

it turns out it was the smarties McFlurry. You know, if Tim Horton's can do a Bring it back campaign (which ultimately brought back the eclairs it was either that or the sugar twist I don't remember) maybe McD's should too, personally I would like to see Disney return to the happy meal game (considering how much they missed out on Frozen and Star Wars and so many Marvel films) 

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

it turns out it was the smarties McFlurry. You know, if Tim Horton's can do a Bring it back campaign (which ultimately brought back the eclairs it was either that or the sugar twist I don't remember) maybe McD's should too, personally I would like to see Disney return to the happy meal game (considering how much they missed out on) 

Smarties have no flavour and putting them in a McFlurry is a waste of ice cream. Come at me!

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

TIL that they no longer had smarties McFlurries.    

The Coffee Crisp McFlurry was so good and they sold so many when I worked at McD's.  

oh yeah that was good stuff, Coffee Crisp is a good ice cream topping, so it's no wonder I was super thrilled when DQ brought it in as a summer blizzard menu item last year (wish I could say the same about this year's menu item)

9 hours ago, iHeart said:

why flour? well at least M&M's experiments with their candies, I do enjoy their Caramels, and 5 years ago I bought a pack of S'more crisp red white and blue M&M's.....false advertising I didn't taste the s'mores at all

I have no idea why they have flour, as a Celiac I was quite surprised when my son read the package and told me. 

If you ever come across the “coffee nut” M&M’s they are likely the best flavour ever created. The Jalpeno not so much...

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I have no idea why they have flour, as a Celiac I was quite surprised when my son read the package and told me. 

If you ever come across the “coffee nut” M&M’s they are likely the best flavour ever created. The Jalpeno not so much...

why bother with Jalapeno anyway?, and yes I had contemplated getting coffee nut whenever I go to Tee-Yah's

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

why bother with Jalapeno anyway?, and yes I had contemplated getting coffee nut whenever I go to Tee-Yah's

One day I will have to check out Tee-yah’s. I usually get mine bootlegged directly to me from a friend in Topeka where the factory is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-17 at 6:18 AM, GCJenks said:

well I've tried the Coffee Nut M&M's they're not bad, I shared some with my mother and I told her they kind of taste like coffee crisps (if only Coffee actually did taste like that then maybe I would be more obliged to drink coffee)

I also tried a salted nut roll candy bar, it's kind of like Snickers without the chocolate 

Pearson's Salted Nut Roll

Edited by iHeart

40 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well I've tried the Coffee Nut M&M's they're not bad, I shared some with my mothers and I told her they kind of taste like coffee crisps (if only Coffee actually did taste like that then maybe I would be more obliged to drink coffee)

I also tried a salted nut roll candy bar, it's kind of like Snickers without the chocolate 

Pearson's Salted Nut Roll

Those bring back memories. They were the only “candy bar” my dad ever ate. Any time any member of the family was across the border we would pick some up for him. Shortly after he passed away I started noticing them at places like Peavey Mart and Co-op. I attribute that to his doing from up there and have one on occasion in his honour. 

Also I really do recommend people to eat from food trucks if they can (because technically they're local businesses too aren't they?) I hadn't had Deep Fried Cheese Curds from the meltdown since Manyfest 2019(and granted this wouldn't be an issue if we had a Culvers in Winnpeg), also I tried those Beavertail pastries for the first time. My mother is addicted to those lemonade trucks