Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-26 at 3:25 PM, iHeart said:

well Tee-Yah's is open again, bought 31 bucks worth of stuff (it's a small business buying from American distributors since a majority of their inventory is stuff you can only  buy in the US, I mean where else can you get Reese's snack cakes or Oreo handisnacks, or Duncan Hines cake mixes for one (you can also get cookie pop and Candy pop stuff at the convenience store across from HSC), or a variety of different Twix's

also I heard that the Chicken Chef that moved into Panizza's old space, is going to turn into a Jollibee's

Jollibee's has been confirmed

• 3 weeks later...

well I finally had a chance to try a Papa John's Papadia, basically it's their answer to a calzone, I don't know, I felt underwhelmed. I also learned that their Garlic dipping sauce.....BUTTER GARLIC. Well that can explain why it's a little salty.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well I finally had a chance to try a Papa John's Papadia, basically it's their answer to a calzone, I don't know, I felt underwhelmed. I also learned that their Garlic dipping sauce.....BUTTER GARLIC. Well that can explain why it's a little salty.

Life is filled with unending tragedies. 

On 2020-07-19 at 10:09 PM, Brandon said:

Someone wrote that the one on Springfield and Henderson was lights off and closed. 

I know many years back that all of the Pizza Huts almost went out of business as the local franchisee went bankrupt...

I've actually heard that it's moving to a different location in the area and is becoming an express

27 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I've actually heard that it's moving to a different location in the area and is becoming an express

It apparently has moved into the strip mall next to it with the old restaurant being renovated to hold two different non restaurant tenants.  

Hey guys, gals. Just wanted to share that I've opened up a pizza/burger joint in clear lake. First day; blizzard, and lockdown looks like it looking. Covids completely sunk me

Codysconcessions on Facebook, the restaurant is called Gigi's.

Wish I wasn't so computer illiterate or I'd post some photos of the grub.. 

Edited by CodyT

2 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Hey guys, gals. Just wanted to share that I've opened up a pizza/burger joint in clear lake. First day; blizzard, and lockdown looks like it looking. Covids completely sunk me

Codysconcessions on Facebook, the restaurant is called Gigi's.

Wish I wasn't so computer illiterate or I'd post some photos of the grub.. 

I'll be there over Canada Day and for the last couple weeks of July. I'll be sure to go!

170937557_277845937297696_89969402567986

171906566_277845310631092_43083705063020

170127005_273595521056071_61870391534483

So today I decided to treat my parents to Olive Garden, mostly as a cause for celebration because my dad will be getting his first COVID shot in about an hour from now (Hey I'm going to feel very relieved once everyone in this household (my parents and myself) have the vaccines and I won't have to worry about it, besides I had been wanted to get Olive Garden for awhile, I would have preferred to have gotten Tony Roma's but it's not in my area anymore) after we ate I asked my mother if there was anything she wanted on the 26th since that's when she'll get her first, I also extended the option of her getting it after her second dose (which she did choose because she hopes the day she gets her second shot will be on a weekend) and me? well mine won't come for awhile yet, probably not until June at this rate, even once my turn does come the thing is....I want to get something from a place from the US but that's not possible right now, maybe I'll get something from the Ikea end of town

I'm actually tempted to get a cake that says "WE'RE VACCINATED!" just for kicks once we all have our big two

Speaking of pizza...did Pizza 204 expand or move? because it seems to have opened a new location where Kent Restaurant was.....well that seems like a fair trade (besides that block used to be a pizza restaurant as well)

Update: It expanded

Edited by iHeart

they say somewhere down the line it's something cool for the summer *cough cough* only a dollar all summer *cough* but it's likely going to be a long gone McFlurry of the past (smarties, Fudge-o, Coffee Crisp, Caramel Oreo, Rolo, M&Ms, Skor, Red Velvet even though it was quite atrocious)

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

they say somewhere down the line it's something cool for the summer *cough cough* only a dollar all summer *cough* but it's likely going to be a long gone McFlurry of the past (smarties, Fudge-o, Coffee Crisp, Caramel Oreo, Rolo, M&Ms, Skor, Red Velvet even though it was quite atrocious)

I think it’s going to be the McRib...

Anyone remember when Wendy’s usually starts the $0.99 Frosty promo?

I highly doubt the pizzas will make a return, when I worked at McD's the pizza was such a big problem with slowing down drive thru and the orders inside.

What I wish but it won't be... the hockey hero sub those were great.  

I'm guessing it's the Big X-tra  or Arch Deluxe if it's food.  Ice Cream it might be the berry / chocolate flavour McFlurrie (I forget which chocolate bar was used).