Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

I haven't google searched but I'm going to assume they replaced Pannizza.  

I tried Pannizza a year and a bit ago and it was terrible.  It was a ghetto version of Za Pizza mixed with the ability to make sandwiches.  I knew it wasn't going to last when the lady who served us was completely shitting on the place and the owner and how they barely are doing any business and how her hours were cut and how she's going to tell off the owner and quit on the spot soon.   Lol.  

Bonus Point to this story:  The lady didn't realize that I used to work with her when I was 15 at Mcdonalds and she was fired for stealing a box of monopoly cups,  taking all the stickers and then trying to redeem them all at once at a different location which was owned by the same owner and where the owner had his head office lol.   Not the sharpest person in the world.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-21 at 8:01 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

BF left us? Still a good run. They were open in the 80s!

Its still there. They closed for a bit due to covid but open now.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Its still there. They closed for a bit due to covid but open now. Still killer burgers and fries.

On 2021-02-06 at 6:36 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

What pizza place was at the north-east corner of St. Marys and Fermor circa 80s...maybe early 90s.

Tony's? Mr. Bones?

Might have been more then one.

Across from Glenlawn? Wasn't that a Mr Bones for a while? 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/AccessWinnipeg/photos/a.1551112808288655/3809214799145100/

sigh I wish this site would fix the facebook issues, but the link is reporting that they are trying to compete with Popeyes Chicken Sandwich by replacing the Crispy Chicken Sandwich with this thing.......I have yet to try the one KFC came out with, the chicken slab is about as thick as a hockey puck (but at least it doesn't have the texture of a hockey puck) 

• 2 weeks later...

well Tee-Yah's is open again, bought 31 bucks worth of stuff (it's a small business buying from American distributors since a majority of their inventory is stuff you can only  buy in the US, I mean where else can you get Reese's snack cakes or Oreo handisnacks, or Duncan Hines cake mixes for one (you can also get cookie pop and Candy pop stuff at the convenience store across from HSC), or a variety of different Twix's

also I heard that the Chicken Chef that moved into Panizza's old space, is going to turn into a Jollibee's

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out that Kent Restaurant won't reopen, which sucks they had good chicken fingers, that place was closest to my house, the owner didn't know my name, but whenever I came in she knew what I wanted (it was either the chicken fingers and fries with BBQ sauce and Mayo on the side or it was their breakfast) it was kind of like the amount of times when went to the Arby's at BellMTS when they had it at the time

Edited by iHeart

Can someone please tell me where to get a good donair in Winnipeg. Honestly I've traveled this country and had amazing experiences out east and even some good donair places in Alberta.

Every place I've tried in Manitoba badly misses the mark. Shwarma Queen in Brandon is the best I've had. 

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

there's like three places in Winnipeg that has donair if you haven't been to those places

I've tried shwarma khan, not bad but not exactly what I'm after. Just tried Lamar donair. Not even close to what I would consider a good donair.