Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2020-07-19 at 10:09 PM, Brandon said:

Someone wrote that the one on Springfield and Henderson was lights off and closed. 

I know many years back that all of the Pizza Huts almost went out of business as the local franchisee went bankrupt...

They were open yesterday when I went by

On 2020-02-03 at 5:16 PM, iHeart said:

so have these even shown up in stores once since this announcement or has the pandemic ruined everything?

oh and it appears that Papa Murphy's has reopened on my end, I guess they pulled a Fionn Mac's on me

Edited by iHeart

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I read in the paper that a new casual German restaurant opened on Ness and Ferry.  I used to love going to Gasthaus Gutenberger (sp?) back in the day when it was opened.   Has anyone gone and any impressions of it?

Ain't nuthin there unless it has happened int he last 24 hours. There is a vacant Robin's store there, though.

40 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Ain't nuthin there unless it has happened int he last 24 hours. There is a vacant Robin's store there, though.

The article in the paper said he took over the empty Robin's place.  The schnitzel!

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com./business/from-schnitzel-to-spaetzle-571810502.html

It appears that it opened this week so very new

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I read in the paper that a new casual German restaurant opened on Ness and Ferry.  I used to love going to Gasthaus Gutenberger (sp?) back in the day when it was opened.   Has anyone gone and any impressions of it?

I live close tom there and they were putting up signs yesterday.  Should be opening any day now.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The buffet there was amazing... definitely miss that place.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The buffet there was amazing... definitely miss that place.

I've been told that in St Pierre Jolys their is a place called Oma's Schnitzel where everything is home made and its as good as Gasthaus was....  I still haven't checked it out as each time I'm out in that direction I end up going to Thai on 59 which is also really good. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...