Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2020-06-01 at 9:03 PM, Brandon said:

Random question .... I'm debating on getting a Weber charcoal grill.  I've only used my propane bbq and my electric smoker....  do I get a charcoal grill as a 3rd option or are they over rated?  Any thoughts?  

Sorry I missed this earlier. I bought a Weber Performer Deluxe charcoal grill from Luxe about a month ago. Have been using it 3 to 4 times a week. Best burgers and steaks I’ve ever made. Not to mention the crispy wings. The performer has a propane ignition for the coals. Gets you cooking real fast. 

I say do it. If you don’t want to spend that much I’d at least get a Master Touch model has some nice accessories included and comes in blue...

30 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Had our first dinner out since March 13th last night. Had to be Jonesy’s in Birdshill. Was a great dinner and very good experience.  
(one of these days I’ll figure out how to post pics on this forum. )

if you have already posted a pic from social media you can right click copy image, for some reason the site doesn't have an upload image button

38 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Had our first dinner out since March 13th last night. Had to be Jonesy’s in Birdshill. Was a great dinner and very good experience.  

I think we're still trying to recover from the last set of Jonesy's pics posted.

But wait...there's more!

https://www.facebook.com/JonesysRestaurant/media_set/?set=a.10151031493417642

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I posted a few before that I think sold some folks on going to the place.   It's a good place we've never had bad food in many visits.

81670220_10158250775567642_9149360975726

54346129_10157421746662642_5058096569757

15241228_10154858197372642_1578342512835

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To post pictures off facebook,  I click on the picture to make it full screen and then right click "copy image location" and then use that link when inserting image from url...

I’ll try that from my laptop in the morning. Couldn’t get that option on my iPhone. 

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

man I never thought that Starbucks could be effected that badly

I have a under 5 minute commute to work. If I want to add a couple minutes to it, I have a choice of 3 Starbucks I could visit. All without getting out of my truck.

I'm not  sure this isn't just the inevitable rationalizing of stores. Maybe sped up a bit by Covid, but coming anyway.

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

I have a under 5 minute commute to work. If I want to add a couple minutes to it, I have a choice of 3 Starbucks I could visit. All without getting out of my truck.

I'm not  sure this isn't just the inevitable rationalizing of stores. Maybe sped up a bit by Covid, but coming anyway.

Damn, where are we going to get a $5.00 cup of coffee now?

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is pretty comical... And the vandalism sure looks staged: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/tuxedo-village-restaurant-vanadalized-racist-facebook-post-1.5606711

Seems like Bermax all over again. Only this owner comes across as quite the woke ******.

That was my first thought too, that it was staged or someone trying to make the movement look bad.. What's with the hammer and sickle?

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is pretty comical... And the vandalism sure looks staged: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/tuxedo-village-restaurant-vanadalized-racist-facebook-post-1.5606711

Seems like Bermax all over again. Only this owner comes across as quite the woke ******.

oh good I'm not the only person who thinks they probably vandalized their own business

37 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Meh. Unless I'm buying for my wife, I'm under $3.00. If I'm grabbing something for her, then I can hit the $10 mark. But waddya do?

Well, there are coffee beans that are collected after monkeys poop them out. That otta be pricey enough. Go for it.