Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

I'm really starting to wonder what Pizza Hut puts in their calzones because recently I actually had a home made one, and it did look the part but it was actually flatter than what Pizza Hut's looks like, what is in those things?

Edited by iHeart

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm really starting to wonder why Pizza Hut puts in their calzones because recently I actually had a home made one, and it did look the part but it was actually flatter than what Pizza Hut's looks like, what is in those things?

You don't want to know.

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm really starting to wonder what Pizza Hut puts in their calzones because recently I actually had a home made one, and it did look the part but it was actually flatter than what Pizza Hut's looks like, what is in those things?

Every pizza place that I worked at just used the normal dough and folded it over...nothing extra special to make it fluffy.   When my wife makes home made pizza dough,  it varies based on the yeast and baking powder that she adds.

Also pizza hut is yucky.

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, iHeart said:

The best thing you could do for yourself is to get a panzerotti from Pasquale’s. 

So interesting side note to the Dickie Dee conversation I actually saw a Dickie Dee truck at KP today, I had no idea they did trucks

on an unrelated note I have finally tried more of Popeye's menu today

I tried the biscuit first, it has a salty top, but that's how I like it

I ordered tenders and popcorn shrimp with blackened ranch sauce (I also ordered buttermilk ranch but it was sold out, and they discontinued the mardi gras cheesecake), so is blackened ranch sauce used at Taco Bell? because it kind of reminds me of taco bell

there are other sauces I do wish to try as well as other menu items (like one of the sandwiches)...but man they really need to update their website

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

So interesting side note to the Dickie Dee conversation I actually saw a Dickie Dee truck at KP today, I had no idea they did trucks. on an unrelated note I have finally tried more of Popeye's menu today I tried the biscuit first, it has a salty top, but that's how I like it

I ordered tenders and popcorn shrimp with blackened ranch sauce (I also ordered buttermilk ranch but it was sold out, and they discontinued the mardi gras cheesecake), so is blackened ranch sauce used at Taco Bell? because it kind of reminds me of taco bell

there are other sauces I do wish to try as well as other menu items (like one of the sandwiches)...but man they really need to update their website

We have made Popeye's chicken our go-to. KFC is gonna suffer for Popeye's presence.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We have made Popeye's chicken our go-to. KFC is gonna suffer for Popeye's presence.

and I wouldn't be surprised considering that the last time we had it we all felt that it was too greasy and won't bother with it again, since there was confusion in the purchase order, I had three biscuits on me, so both of my parents were able to try them. My mother said it was good, dad said it was better than Red Lobster's biscuits

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Random question .... I'm debating on getting a Weber charcoal grill.  I've only used my propane bbq and my electric smoker....  do I get a charcoal grill as a 3rd option or are they over rated?  Any thoughts?  

Pros and cons to both but I lean towards propane.  Charcoal is amazing for flavour but I find you get better texture (if charcoal isn't done right imo) from propane.  

Propane is also cheaper, quicker, easier to clean and more versatile (for grilling veggies etc).

Since you already have a smoker, you can already get that nice smokey flavour that charcoal would give you.

Lol don't knock the George Foreman grill... I had to use one for 3 years when I lived in an apartment and they really did a good job.  

The charcoal grill is only tempting because I end up watching BBQ Pitboys YouTube videos and I instantly get hungry and want to make the same lol. 

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Random question .... I'm debating on getting a Weber charcoal grill.  I've only used my propane bbq and my electric smoker....  do I get a charcoal grill as a 3rd option or are they over rated?  Any thoughts?  

I agree with Jay, but if you want a third option, a fire pit with a good quality grill is hard to beat.  Once you get a feel for how to grill with wood coals, there will be no going back.  Ash is the best grilling wood. Oak is fine too, but it gives the meat a stronger flavour that not everyone prefers.  And all you need for cleaning is your garden hose & some steel wool. 

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol don't knock the George Foreman grill... I had to use one for 3 years when I lived in an apartment and they really did a good job.  

The charcoal grill is only tempting because I end up watching BBQ Pitboys YouTube videos and I instantly get hungry and want to make the same lol. 

If you've got time to cook slow, nothing beats a kamado with wood chunk charcoal..

20 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If you've got time to cook slow, nothing beats a kamado with wood chunk charcoal..

The only problem is that whatever I end up buying... I will have to buy something else at an equivalent value for the wife to justify/keep the peace... that's why the weber is a more ideal price point lol. 

27 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I always thought BDI would be a great fit there. On a bridge, lots of foot traffic from the Forks, only meant to be open in the summer anyway so no loss of patronage in the cold of winter.

that would be perfect but it stands for Bridge Drive-in

besides they have Neon Cone at the Forks