Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

So in order to stop me from buying Bus Tickets from 7-11 (because I don't know if my peggo points have expired) I went with my mother to Dairy Queen mostly because once again they have unveiled their summer blizzards (including a Wonder Woman 84 promotional blizzard but that won't be out for awhile) they unveiled a Coffee Crisp blizzard among the limited time flavours, so I now ask who did it better, McDonalds, DQ or BDI?

McDonalds actually had Coffee Crisp as one of their original flavours when the McFlurry arrived in 1997 (because it started around the same time George of the Jungle came out) along with Orea, Smarties and Fudge-o, I actually do remember having the Coffee Crisp one a few times and liking it then it went away, it resurfaced a number of years later but I didn't like what they did with it because I kind of felt they put some kind of Coffee sauce in it, but sadly these days McD's are known for skimping on their mixings especially when the LTOs came around (the Cadbury creme egg has so much wasted potential there)

DQ: well I just had that today and it seems they use chocolate ice cream in there, but at least they don't really skimp on the mix-ins, they don't even do that with the limited time stuff, but I still keep remembering when they kept running out of the S'more mix ins before the promotion was over

BDI: they don't really mess with anything, they deliver what's promised at least (but I hate how big their "small" size is)

To be fair I gotta give it to BDI because they don't skimp and the clusters are big enough to satisfy and their ice cream is delicious, I will basically rate DQ's take as "Now that I've tried it, I don't have to order it again, that doesn't mean I hate it it just means I find it average)

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

So in order to stop me from buying Bus Tickets from 7-11 (because I don't know if my peggo points have expired) I went with my mother to Dairy Queen mostly because once again they have unveiled their summer blizzards (including a Wonder Woman 84 promotional blizzard but that won't be out for awhile) they unveiled a Coffee Crisp blizzard among the limited time flavours, so I now ask who did it better, McDonalds, DQ or BDI?

McDonalds actually had Coffee Crisp as one of their original flavours when the McFlurry arrived in 1997 (because it started around the same time George of the Jungle came out) along with Orea, Smarties and Fudge-o, I actually do remember having the Coffee Crisp one a few times and liking it then it went away, it resurfaced a number of years later but I didn't like what they did with it because I kind of felt they put some kind of Coffee sauce in it, but sadly these days McD's are known for skimping on their mixings especially when the LTOs came around (the Cadbury creme egg has so much wasted potential there)

DQ: well I just had that today and it seems they use chocolate ice cream in there, but at least they don't really skimp on the mix-ins, they don't even do that with the limited time stuff, but I still keep remembering when they kept running out of the S'more mix ins before the promotion was over

BDI: they don't really mess with anything, they deliver what's promised at least (but I hate how big their "small" size is)

To be fair I gotta give it to BDI because they don't skimp and the clusters are big enough to satisfy and their ice cream is delicious, I will basically rate DQ's take as "Now that I've tried it, I don't have to order it again, that doesn't mean I hate it it just means I find it average)

What does Wonder Woman taste like?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What does Wonder Woman taste like?

I think I should have put in promotional in that sentence. It's supposed to be called Wonder Woman Cookie Collision, your guess is as good as mine as to what is in the blizzard 

On 2020-02-17 at 4:42 PM, Mark H. said:

Because your info is the not accurate.  They have one of the few buffets that are still under $10

Also, there's the 5 5 5 deal when you buy one large pizza at full price

I don't have a problem with their pizza.  It is what it is; once in a while it's okay, but I wouldn't want to eat it every week

Pizza Hut is disgustingly greasy. 

I used to really like Garbonzo's.  When we lived in Thompson back in the late 80's they had a sit down restaurant up there. They had take out & delivery only stores in Winnipeg. One close to our apartment on Rouge Road by the Domo gas station in Westwood where we'd order from all the time. We left for Calgary in 1990. I don't think they're in business anymore. Too bad as their pizzas were really good. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I used to really like Garbonzo's.  When we lived in Thompson back in the late 80's they had a sit down restaurant up there. They had take out & delivery only stores in Winnipeg. One close to our apartment on Rouge Road by the Domo gas station in Westwood where we'd order from all the time. We left for Calgary in 1990. I don't think they're in business anymore. Too bad as their pizzas were really good. 

Garbonzo’s name was bought by Canad Inns. No idea if it’s any good.   Remember Shakey’s pizza?

Ive been trying to eat local and went back to Tony’s a few times.  Fantastic. 

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Garbonzo’s name was bought by Canad Inns. No idea if it’s any good.   Remember Shakey’s pizza?

Where the old Office Depot was on Pembina. Went once there and to the one in Fargo. Was good but then i think most pizza is good.

Closest location is in Wash state now.

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

So....Is anyone old enough to remember Topo Gigo's? I went there only once I don't think I liked the pizza there

Being a former Rouger everyone I know from Riverview, Lord Roberts & River Osborne talked about Ellett's Restaurant on Osborne Street. It's been gone for decades but everyone I know used to rave about it. Too bad I missed out. BTW, if any of you went to Churchill High or grew up in Fort Rouge, there is a facebook group called Rougers. If anyone's interested. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Being a former Rouger everyone I know from Riverview, Lord Roberts & River Osborne talked about Ellett's Restaurant on Osborne Street. It's been gone for decades but everyone I know used to rave about it. Too bad I missed out. BTW, if any of you went to Churchill High or grew up in Fort Rouge, there is a facebook group called Rougers. If anyone's interested. 

I actually did go to Lord Roberts from grades 2-6

I'd drink the rootbeer milk.... use it for milkshakes maybe also?

Now for the rumour that I hope the t-cona folks on here can confirm....

New Wendy's opening up on Regent and Plessis???  This end of town is sadly without Wendys after both of them closed down :(

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd drink the rootbeer milk.... use it for milkshakes maybe also?

Now for the rumour that I hope the t-cona folks on here can confirm....

New Wendy's opening up on Regent and Plessis???  This end of town is sadly without Wendys after both of them closed down :(

It's no rumour.  The owner had confirmed the news a few months ago that it was coming.

FB-IMG-1588551747357.jpg

Edited by bigg jay