Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2020-02-11 at 7:27 PM, iHeart said:

so a 75 year old wiener place that's been at the forks for as long as I can remember is being replaced by a different wiener place

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/food/we-have-a-wiener-567765642.html?fbclid=IwAR1nbgg8DbUhMDBjJbN1ZAIn1KydHg0d__ck3u38IALuIzC9unoZDco7Vd0

Skinners is garbage anyway.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

How does Pizza Hut stay in business when anywhere else offers better pizza at half the price....

Because your info is the not accurate.  They have one of the few buffets that are still under $10

Also, there's the 5 5 5 deal when you buy one large pizza at full price

I don't have a problem with their pizza.  It is what it is; once in a while it's okay, but I wouldn't want to eat it every week

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Because your info is the not accurate.  They have one of the few buffets that are still under $10

Also, there's the 5 5 5 deal when you buy one large pizza at full price

I don't have a problem with their pizza.  It is what it is; once in a while it's okay, but I wouldn't want to eat it every week

The last time I went a few years back it was obscenely expensive ordering off the menu.   Like Boston Pizza insane expensive......

The deals at Dominos absolutely blew it away...

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm guessing that people didn't find the take home and bake thing appealing

Especially when the u-bake is resting in the freezer already cause you bought it at Wally.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Like Boston Pizza insane expensive......

Boston got atmosphere. Smitty's got atmosphere.

But who misses Pizza Place ;)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The last time I went a few years back it was obscenely expensive ordering off the menu.   Like Boston Pizza insane expensive......

The deals at Dominos absolutely blew it away...

Ok, I can see how that could happen.  You have to go with the lunch buffet or one of their specials. A & W is like that too, if you don’t use their coupons. 

Went to Carne steakhouse restaurant on Saturday.  Wow...that steak was damn good.  Mushrooms, good.  Potatoes, good.  Brussel sprouts, good.  The only thing that lacked was the Tiramisu.  It was a little dry and didn't have enough coffee flavor in it.  Until my wife poured some of her cappuccino into the dessert and we mixed it up.  Then it tasted really good.  Not cheap, but man was it amazing steak.

What I didn't like...the beef was corn or grain fed to get a certain marbling.  I'd rather support businesses that have grass fed beef as it's healthier for you.

well I just came back from PF Chang's. The food was good, good enough for me to want to come back. They have metal utensils on request, yep they actually do chopsticks there (plastic reusable chopsticks that is) so of course I gave them a try, I decided to practice with them by trying to pick up my napkin with them

oh and I learned that the fortune cookies are actually made by PF Chang's and so are the fortunes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...