Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Try hotdogs from Winnipeg Old Country Sausage.  If you don't like those - then you really don't like hotdogs. 

I'm not sure if I've ever tried those before.  Do you have to go to the actual store or do they sell them at grocery stores as well? 

I love hot dogs though.  My favorite is from Dairi Wip.  My wife buys the ones at superstore that are individually wrapped.  The fatter ones.  Although I like other brands as well.

31 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I'm not sure if I've ever tried those before.  Do you have to go to the actual store or do they sell them at grocery stores as well? 

I love hot dogs though.  My favorite is from Dairi Wip.  My wife buys the ones at superstore that are individually wrapped.  The fatter ones.  Although I like other brands as well.

We go to the actual store.  I'm not sure about grocery stores, because we grow most of our food and buy most of the rest wholesale. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Go to any local meat shop and you can find really good weenies. 

We like the cow place on Nairn I think it's called sausage makers. Really good cuts of all types of meat.

LOL..."cow place".

You're right, I looked it up it's full name is Sausage Makers Delicatessen Meat Market.  I'll have to check that place out.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

If your ever in Steinbach, Country Meet and Sausage have really good hot dogs or as they call them "Bluemnort Weiners." 

There's a Country Meat and Sausage in Blumenort, MB, and there's a Country Meat Deli in Steinbach.  Are they the same thing?

NVM, after looking at pics it looks like it is the same as they sell Country Meat and Sausage meat.

Edited by Logan007

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

We go to the actual store.  I'm not sure about grocery stores, because we grow most of our food and buy most of the rest wholesale. 

Dude, come teach me how to garden better.  I used to be good but in the last few years I don't know wtf has happened to my green thumb.

17 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Speaking of house-made sausage, Miller's Meats makes some darn good farmer sausage. I may have to turn in my Mennonite card for saying this, but I think it's better than the Pioneer stuff from Altona.

The absolute best Farmer sausage is made by Ungers at Mitchell. 

On 2019-10-29 at 10:41 AM, Logan007 said:

LOL..."cow place".

You're right, I looked it up it's full name is Sausage Makers Delicatessen Meat Market.  I'll have to check that place out.

Check it out on Google Maps.... place has cows on the roof.   The inside has not changed and has looked the same as it did back when I first went in the 80's.   But the quality of meat is really good.   The ground beef is night and day better then Costco or any of that putrid crap from Superstore/Safeway/Sobeys. 

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Check it out on Google Maps.... place has cows on the roof.   The inside has not changed and has looked the same as it did back when I first went in the 80's.   But the quality of meat is really good.   The ground beef is night and day better then Costco or any of that putrid crap from Superstore/Safeway/Sobeys. 

Yeah I saw the picture.  I just had to laugh at how you put it.  I could just hear someone forgetting the name of it and being like "FFS IT'S THE DAMN COW PLACE!!!"