Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Heard it was uber good.

It must be. It was packed last night, and the wife isn't a fan of Underdogs (too many fried items on the menu), so we wound up at Taverna Rodos. It was good, monster sized, but nothing special, which is what I'll look for this week, something a little different than they normally offer.

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Please tell me that burger is an hommage to Tom Waits..

I have no idea. https://leburgerweek.com/restaurant/nite-hawk-cafe/view

1565560329259.png

37 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I wonder if the food trucks at Manyfest will also do leburger week

I doubt it. ManyFest is a separate event altogether.

normally I like think positive with this thread, but god I had Chicken Balls from the Kung Pow Wok at St.Vital Centre, they were so dry, I couldn't even finish them. To make matters worse the Pretzel Maker/Mrs Fields moved out, no other place in Winnipeg has those pretzel wraps/dogs/pepperoni bites. I'm running out of reasons to go to St.Vital, except maybe for Chapters and their cineplex, it's bad enough that Rocky Mountain Chocolates already moved out

On 2019-09-26 at 1:52 PM, iHeart said:

normally I like think positive with this thread, but god I had Chicken Balls from the Kung Pow Wok at St.Vital Centre, they were so dry, I couldn't even finish them.

I think the only thing good there is the sesame chicken and chicken fried rice.  Even their chow mein noodles suck.