Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

• 2 weeks later...

Went to The Grove pub on Grosvenor.  Or just off Grosvenor...whatever.  Burgers are really good, fries are great.  I had the reuben, a little disappointed in it.  Seemed just a smidge soggy because of too much sauerkraut.  It was just missing that zing to it, probably because they didn't put any thousand island dressing on it.  But other then that one flaw, I'd definitely recommend it.

13 minutes ago, iHeart said:

So has anyone ever tried Paradise Italian restaurant?

Yes, several times. 

It's good for lunch. If you work at or ever worked at 800 Portage (Prov of MB building) or the surrounding area, you've probably dined there. It's good but not fantastic food. It's close though! Not much else to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I've been there a few times myself, their bread is awesome but it can be a little too hot when it comes to the table, other than that, what other place sells Gnocci like that?

Pizeria Gusto but it's pricey. Amazing gnocci. 

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday on my way home from work I noticed that Pizza Hut has moved into the building where Subway also is near Health Sciences, okay I love Pizza Hut and I'm glad that it seems to be making a comeback in Winnipeg but Subway makes a perfectly good Pizza Sub, and there's a garbonzos at the Canad Inns at Health Sciences and considering their menu options there, guess what I would rather have

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

So yesterday on my way home from work I noticed that Pizza Hut has moved into the building where Subway also is near Health Sciences, okay I love Pizza Hut and I'm glad that it seems to be making a comeback in Winnipeg but Subway makes a perfectly good Pizza Sub, and there's a garbonzos at the Canad Inns at Health Sciences and considering their menu options there, guess what I would rather have

First world problems eh :)

No but gonna try Underdogs tonight.

The website absolutely sucks for getting a list, so below is an excel spreadsheet I found while looking, with pictures, descriptions and prices for those interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/comments/cv2fs0/le_burger_week_2019_spreadsheet/

Edited by itchy

5 hours ago, itchy said:

No but gonna try Underdogs tonight.

The website absolutely sucks for getting a list, so below is an excel spreadsheet I found while looking, with pictures, descriptions and prices for those interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/comments/cv2fs0/le_burger_week_2019_spreadsheet/

Damn that is helpful!  I'm not sure why the Burger Week ppl haven't made a better website yet.  I usually rely on Access Winnipeg's list. At least has a pic & description for each place.

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2019/08/photo-le-burger-week-winnipeg-2019-participants/2/