Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Papa John's is getting "Shaq-ified." The pizza chain said Friday that basketball Hall of Famer Shaquille O'Neal will be its new pitchman, appearing in TV commercials and promoting Papa John's in other ways. Papa John's International Inc. said it will pay O'Neal more than $8 million in cash and company stock for the three-year endorsement deal.

Bonus Story

BDI has opened.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

46 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Papa John's is getting "Shaq-ified." The pizza chain said Friday that basketball Hall of Famer Shaquille O'Neal will be its new pitchman, appearing in TV commercials and promoting Papa John's in other ways.

Papa John's International Inc. said it will pay O'Neal more than $8 million in cash and company stock for the three-year endorsement deal.

200.webp?cid=3640f6095c95943e7562767241b

TIL he owns a bunch of fast food franchises. 

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26908840/shaq-papa-johns-investment-board/

The NBA Hall of Famer announced this morning he is joining Papa John's Board of Directors and investing in nine Atlanta-area Papa John's franchises.

This isn't the first time Shaq is working with a fast food brand—he's been involved in the restaurant business since he was a player. He currently owns a Krispy Kreme franchise in Atlanta, a fast-casual restaurant chain called Big Chicken (he's also the founder), and a fine-dining restaurant in Los Angeles. Previously, he owned 27 Five Guys franchises. 

17 hours ago, iHeart said:

so it appears that Fionn Macool's on Regent has closed down, I have no clue why.

Personally I didn't really care for the food,  I guess I'm not a pub person

Similar to Moxies it does not fit the clientele in that area of town.      I also found the menu as a whole to be very mediocre,   better options down the road at Tavern. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Tavern isn't bad IMO ,  I prefer the food at the King's Head but overall Tavern is decent bar food.  

It's across the street from work, so I end up there from time to time. Chicken fingers are the best bet, but I can't stand their fries. So mushy and dry on the inside. ☹️

30 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The agenda for the next regular meeting of the Assiniboia community committee shows renderings of a new PF Chang’s to be constructed at the corner of St. James Street and St Matthews's Avenue, adjacent to the old Target building.

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2019/04/p-f-changs-chinese-food-restaurant-opening-in-winnipeg/

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The agenda for the next regular meeting of the Assiniboia community committee shows renderings of a new PF Chang’s to be constructed at the corner of St. James Street and St Matthews's Avenue, adjacent to the old Target building.

oh I can already hear Skip trying scurrying to get a delivery sticker on that place, and the menu shows more than just chinese food, they also serve Sushi and Bibimbap. Oh but isn't Ye's restaurant still around (I actually went once, it's basically in the same vein as Foody Goody)

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh I can already hear Skip trying scurrying to get a delivery sticker on that place, and the menu shows more than just chinese food, they also serve Sushi and Bibimbap. Oh but isn't Ye's restaurant still around (I actually went once, it's basically in the same vein as Foody Goody)

Ye's still exists... it's a fancier Buffet Square...  so mediocre food and a tonne of asian people having birthday parties there...

24 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Came across a very old TV advert for "Gondola Pizza".   A special place in the hearts of Manitobans or just another pizza joint ?

Its up their with Pizza Place for oldest local pizza chain but with PP down to just a couple locations.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg