Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was at Garbonzo's Polo this past weekend and it was pretty good.  Good place to watch sports as there are a million TV's.  Had the Mac & Cheese pizza and their special which has Pulled Pork and Old Dutch Chips on a pizza.  Good stuff.

Also visited Shark Club and the appies were good.

Happened to be at Lipstix too and its quite comfy for a strip club.

Busy man... 

Just now, Brandon said:

I have to ask....  did you go on the night with the 3 boobed lady?

Noooo!  We saw that and it was a possibility for last night but the crew were flying home to Toronto.  They almost had to stay an extra night and then we were going to but Im quite thankful they caught their plane cause I dont think I could have gone out another night lol

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was at Garbonzo's Polo this past weekend and it was pretty good.  Good place to watch sports as there are a million TV's.  Had the Mac & Cheese pizza and their special which has Pulled Pork and Old Dutch Chips on a pizza.  Good stuff.

Also visited Shark Club and the appies were good.

Happened to be at Lipstix too and its quite comfy for a strip club.

yeah I was there earlier this year, I want to go again eventually but I need to find the time......I just wish it wasn't while I was starting my diet

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Free delivery on Uber Eats through October. And they have some places Skip doesn’t. 

Unfortunately they only deliver to Winnepeg.  Guess we're all out of luck for using them.

Edited by Logan007

oh man. Sargent Taco Shop. It's been like two weeks since I was there and I'm still dreaming of it every time I burp. 3 tacos for 8 bucks. Run by a Mexican family so it's pretty legit. There's a bunch of options for meat but I just stuck with beef which ended up being shaved slices of super tender steak. A few varieties of homemade salsas that were all really good. There was also a bunch of side dishes I need to try. Small place so either expect to wait to sit at one of the few tables or get take out. I shall definitely return.

8 hours ago, ediger said:

oh man. Sargent Taco Shop. It's been like two weeks since I was there and I'm still dreaming of it every time I burp. 3 tacos for 8 bucks. Run by a Mexican family so it's pretty legit. There's a bunch of options for meat but I just stuck with beef which ended up being shaved slices of super tender steak. A few varieties of homemade salsas that were all really good. There was also a bunch of side dishes I need to try. Small place so either expect to wait to sit at one of the few tables or get take out. I shall definitely return.

3cf8039d6a7cea6a37e6fa98fdcae581.jpg

10 hours ago, ediger said:

Funny that you brought that place up.   We tried it out last Thursday.     Went to the place just before noon... was not sure where it was because they have no sign and windows were shuttered.    They open at noon with 5 customers in line.    Everyone pretty much ordered the 3 tacos + rice and beans combo.   We had to sit at the window since they only have two tables.    We ended up waiting 35 minutes for our food... they had about 8 people behind us in line and I think about 25 people had came and then left immediately after a few minutes because the line never moved.    

Tacos were authentic and the salsa's I thought were really good.   The flavor of the tacos were really bland IMO.  Without the salsas they don't really taste like much.  I would not go back because it was insanely slow and to small.  

I have been going to a place called BMC Taqueria on Henderson Hwy.   The meat is so juicy and flavored really nicely that you don't need to add salsa or hot sauce to give it some life.   They also don't take 10 minutes to make three tacos.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-22 at 1:42 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

LOVE Underdogs.

Big fan of Monday's deal; beer, burger & fries for $10.  Not a standard burger, it's a weekly special, fully loaded. 

...maybe that site isn't cursed after all. 

Has it actually been 1 year since the last one?!?!  Don't get me wrong, NOT complaining.  I swear it's been < 12 months since the last Burger  week.

Or is this like that Sinbad genie movie from the '90s? 

sinbad genie movie? don't you mean Shaq?

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

"The Forks is moving in a different direction and the time has come for us to move forward.”

The Forks said the restaurant decided not to renew their lease and there are no current plans for the space.

12 hours ago, iHeart said:

Good, now if they could just get rid of The Beachcomber, The Pancake house, and The Old Spaghetti Factory (and figure out a way to get better ventilation at Fergie's). Those places all serve terrible food compared to some of the awesome places that are set up inside the market, and I feel bad for unsuspecting tourists who end up there.  

Would be nice if they could expand The Common experience to somewhere with an outdoor seating area as well.

1 hour ago, nate007 said:

Good, now if they could just get rid of The Beachcomber, The Pancake house, and The Old Spaghetti Factory (and figure out a way to get better ventilation at Fergie's). Those places all serve terrible food compared to some of the awesome places that are set up inside the market, and I feel bad for unsuspecting tourists who end up there.  

Would be nice if they could expand The Common experience to somewhere with an outdoor seating area as well.

I have to say, the Pancake House does breakfast really well. Yes, it's only a slight bit better than a greasy spoon but it is delicious. 

OSF is terrible and I've never tried Beachcomber. 

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have to say, the Pancake House does breakfast really well. Yes, it's only a slight bit better than a greasy spoon but it is delicious. 

OSF is terrible and I've never tried Beachcomber. 

I really like the new Pancake House on McGillvary, and the one on Pembina is pretty classic, but the handful of times I've been to the one at the Forks the food was terrible.

Just now, nate007 said:

I really like the new Pancake House on McGillvary, and the one on Pembina is pretty classic, but the handful of times I've been to the one at the Forks the food was terrible.

Fair enough.

I agree that the PH at the Forks is the worst. Time it right and you can get good service and good food there. But if not, the service and food is poor. 

My boys love it there and we've been to the Forks, Polo, Pembina, and McG several times over the past year. 

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

I tried burgers at Jonsey's in East St Paul and Shawarma Khan and both were excellent for Le Burger week.   I would recommend both. 

I had One Great City's Enemy of the Steak burger yesterday.  Near perfect.  But that place just does everything right...so go there anytime.

Tonight doing this beauty, the Randy Savage from Underdogs.   Will report back!

Underdogs.jpg

well Manyfest starts today, the special weekend in September where Food trucks and wonder shows goes for one last shot of fun before everything is stored away for the season, not to mention bragging rights for the best premium items

or as some would call it, the gathering of the wasps

Edited by iHeart