Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHeart

Restaurant thread

Recommended Posts

well I got to try Pink Berry and well....it's Frozen yogurt, I mean yes we get to have mixins as well (thank god) and I'm not sure I want to try it again, they have two flavors original and Salted Caramel (I tried Original because I do not care much for Salted Caramel) but they also have some kind of mix-in that is basically pink orbs that are supposed to taste like strawberries

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-29 at 2:27 PM, iHeart said:

well I got to try Pink Berry and well....it's Frozen yogurt, I mean yes we get to have mixins as well (thank god) and I'm not sure I want to try it again, they have two flavors original and Salted Caramel (I tried Original because I do not care much for Salted Caramel) but they also have some kind of mix-in that is basically pink orbs that are supposed to taste like strawberries

Are these over priced fancy frozen yogurts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 4:06 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So now minimum amount needed for Pizza Hut Rewards is a $10.99 order. So much for the $10 Deal of the Day counting.

:angry:

More bad news on the PHut front. $10 Deal of the Day no longer allows you to order a Large. That is now $3 extra. Sonsabitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

More bad news on the PHut front. $10 Deal of the Day no longer allows you to order a Large. That is now $3 extra. Sonsabitches.

It's Pizza Hut...who even eats that anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Seniors do

Really?  My parents always go to Little Ceasar's.

I don't know of any of my family members that actually go to Pizza Hut old or young.  But we never go so I couldn't say.  You'd know better than I would.

Edited by Logan007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Logan007 said:

Really?  My parents always go to Little Ceasar's.

My parents love the senior special they get at Pizza Hut.     The one time they brought me along it reminded me of going to a Salisbury House or a Mall Food Court early in the morning....  absolutely packed with ollllllllllllld people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm never picky about pizza that much, unless it's expensive...has anyone tried Za Pizza Bistro? think of it as Subway but with Pizza. And the dessert pizza is awesome. Usually I do have pizza hut for lunch, it's close to my workplace but I have to order it ahead of time. But I wish they would bring a new item in once in awhile we haven't had a new item in awhile. 

I finally tried jollibees and well I'm not satisfied

I haven't had Papa John's in eons, but I kind of kicked it out of my diet because well it's not because of food reasons it's something I don't want to get into a debate about, which is a shame because those appetizers are awesome. Those pepperoni rolls are worth drooling over...maybe just for the heck of it I'll try it again (they have a new appetizer involving cheddar garlic knots)

about a month ago I went to the Garbonzo's newest location, which is where that foody goody used to be and well they have some really out there pizza's. Mac n cheeza pizza, now I've heard everything. I had the decadent chicken though. I also had Tater tots.....when did tater tots suddenly become the big food thing? when will Boston Pizza put that on the menu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Za probably ten times,   I find some locations to be better then others.   For the price you can't go wrong... the only annoying bit is having to say more please for each topping you ask for.   You might have to say more cheese at least 3 times to get enough cheese to cover the pizza.    

Jollibees is turrible stuff...  the location in St James still seems to be busy whenever I go to Za or Mongos.  

I tried a new BBQ place in Harbour View  I think called Smoking Hawk or something along those lines... sadly the BBQ while cooked well was extremely bland.  The sides all were very bland also...  Famous Dave's is still the BBQ place to go to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've had Za probably ten times,   I find some locations to be better then others.   For the price you can't go wrong... the only annoying bit is having to say more please for each topping you ask for.   You might have to say more cheese at least 3 times to get enough cheese to cover the pizza.    

Jollibees is turrible stuff...  the location in St James still seems to be busy whenever I go to Za or Mongos.  

I tried a new BBQ place in Harbour View  I think called Smoking Hawk or something along those lines... sadly the BBQ while cooked well was extremely bland.  The sides all were very bland also...  Famous Dave's is still the BBQ place to go to.

oh famous daves is awesome I haven't been there in awhile, I should probably consider it soon because I need a burger in my system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever go down to the States  ...  I've had Pizza Ranch down in St Cloud Minnesota and it's also very good and cheap.   It's almost like a buffet for Pizzas  and it's dirt cheap.   I think at Lunch I paid 8 dollars per adult and something silly like 3 dollars for one kid and 70 cents for my 1 year old.           

They had at least 15 different kinds of pizzas and you can ask them to make whatever you want and they'll do it for you.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I tried a new BBQ place in Harbour View  I think called Smoking Hawk or something along those lines... sadly the BBQ while cooked well was extremely bland.  The sides all were very bland also...  Famous Dave's is still the BBQ place to go to.

Thats disappointing.  Smokin Hawt started as a good truck before opening at Harbour View.  I tried the truck a couple times and wasn't overly impressed so I was hoping the restaurant version would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Thats disappointing.  Smokin Hawt started as a good truck before opening at Harbour View.  I tried the truck a couple times and wasn't overly impressed so I was hoping the restaurant version would be better.

I used to love Lovey's but found that it tended to be inconsistent and really seemed like it was only good if the old man was working.    

Famous Dave's at times can be slow service but the food is always above average for me.  

When Danny and Bucks had a place it was pricey but the meat and the sauces were really good. 

When Woody's was open on Grant that place was terrible and the meat was extremely dried out. 

We went to Smokin Hawt this past weekend with an open mind and with high hopes since it's only a few minute drive from home.  

I ordered the Brisket,   you get two thick pieces that was cooked nicely.   The rub tasted like peppercorn and a bit of salt and not much else.  They don't serve it with BBQ sauce or anything.         The sides I had was a mac and cheese which was probably twice as big as the portion you get at Famous Dave.  It had some kind of white cheese in it... but to us it tasted like water and really nothing else.   Kind of reminded me of making kraft dinner but only using  1/4 of the powdered cheese pack with it.      The other side I had was a cole slaw which was also large in portion ,  oil/vinegar base but once again no flavour aside from some pepper on it.       My wife had pulled pork which was served with a small cup of BBQ sauce ,  it was very moist and juicy but once again the only flavour came from the BBQ sauce.      The best thing we had was my daughter eating a sausage in a bun,   the sausage was really tasty.      We also had the potato "chips" which was better then famous daves since they don't over salt it like at FD.      Everything is cooked / smoked well ... just needs some flavour and they probably should get some fries or items for kids to eat.   I do wonder how they will do since Harbour View is kind of dead these days and in winter I can't imagine people wanting to park and walk in the cold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm never picky about pizza that much, unless it's expensive...has anyone tried Za Pizza Bistro? think of it as Subway but with Pizza. And the dessert pizza is awesome. Usually I do have pizza hut for lunch, it's close to my workplace but I have to order it ahead of time. But I wish they would bring a new item in once in awhile we haven't had a new item in awhile. 

I finally tried jollibees and well I'm not satisfied

I haven't had Papa John's in eons, but I kind of kicked it out of my diet because well it's not because of food reasons it's something I don't want to get into a debate about, which is a shame because those appetizers are awesome. Those pepperoni rolls are worth drooling over...maybe just for the heck of it I'll try it again (they have a new appetizer involving cheddar garlic knots)

about a month ago I went to the Garbonzo's newest location, which is where that foody goody used to be and well they have some really out there pizza's. Mac n cheeza pizza, now I've heard everything. I had the decadent chicken though. I also had Tater tots.....when did tater tots suddenly become the big food thing? when will Boston Pizza put that on the menu

I really liked Papa John's too.  Plus its on Skip.  I didnt have them for awhile over their NFL advertising stuff.  They seem like a bit of an icky corporation.  But its hard to argue with you about their apps.  Yummy

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

If you ever go down to the States  ...  I've had Pizza Ranch down in St Cloud Minnesota and it's also very good and cheap.   It's almost like a buffet for Pizzas  and it's dirt cheap.   I think at Lunch I paid 8 dollars per adult and something silly like 3 dollars for one kid and 70 cents for my 1 year old.           

They had at least 15 different kinds of pizzas and you can ask them to make whatever you want and they'll do it for you.    

Stopped there once on the way back from a wedding.  Hung over.  Buddy spent ten minutes in the can throwing up and then feasted on the pizza buffet.  Loved it.  And we all felt a lot better after we ate!  Made the Pizza Hut lunch buffet look like scraps.  Americans love their food.  There were people there that, if they could, they'd have pulled their chairs right up to the buffet.

I have never tried Golden Corral though but I hear its a huge buffet for those wanting to be shameless pigs.  I dont think there is one near us anymore (used to be in Fargo I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My larger co workers enjoy Golden Corral,   the others usually prefer going for places for quality rather then quantity.       I think a few of my co workers have raved about Mangos in Grand Forks/Fargo...  an authentic Mexican place that they really really love.  

Pizza Ranch also has fried chicken,  potatoes, wedges,  an ice cream bar,  salad bar... dessert pizzas that are really tasty.  It's very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My larger co workers enjoy Golden Corral,   the others usually prefer going for places for quality rather then quantity.       I think a few of my co workers have raved about Mangos in Grand Forks/Fargo...  an authentic Mexican place that they really really love.  

Pizza Ranch also has fried chicken,  potatoes, wedges,  an ice cream bar,  salad bar... dessert pizzas that are really tasty.  It's very good. 

You've convinced me.  Let's open a Pizza Ranch franchise here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Logan007 said:

Really?  My parents always go to Little Ceasar's.

I don't know of any of my family members that actually go to Pizza Hut old or young.  But we never go so I couldn't say.  You'd know better than I would.

You've never been to a Pizza Hut with a buffet.  Those ones are packed at lunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

You've never been to a Pizza Hut with a buffet.  Those ones are packed at lunch. 

Back in the day, I worked at PH. Front and back of the house. Friday lunches were packed and very busy on other days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pizza Ranch does blow the Pizza Hut buffet away.     They'll even make custom bizarre pizzas just for you at no extra cost. 

My favorite pizza was the taco pizza where they pretty much make giant Paradiso size tacos and place them on top of the pizza and serve.  Sooooooooooooooo good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pizza Ranch does blow the Pizza Hut buffet away.     They'll even make custom bizarre pizzas just for you at no extra cost. 

My favorite pizza was the taco pizza where they pretty much make giant Paradiso size tacos and place them on top of the pizza and serve.  Sooooooooooooooo good.

I think I'm old enough to remember when they used to have a Make Your Own Sundae bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...