Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The Four Points by Sheraton have good food.  I cant tell you prices though.

Looked into that, their menu shows no breakfast.

Surprisingly the A&W breakkie with coffee for $5 after coupon deal was really good but looking more for setting for multiple peeps.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Looked into that, their menu shows no breakfast.

Surprisingly the A&W breakkie with coffee for $5 after coupon deal was really good but looking more for setting for multiple peeps.

Hmmm,...Ill have to check into that because I think staying there includes free breakfast.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:26 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

I fondly remember going to Bonanza on Pembina because the Sundae's were do it yourself. 

I was one of the original crew who worked at Bonanza on Pembina Hwy back in October 1973 when it opened as Winnipeg's first steakhouse. I was in Grade 11 when hired for $1.90 an hour.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Best hashbrowns that I've ever had is from this place called Charlee's at 185 Stadacona St.  They have a really good buffet as well, some philipino stuff from what I can tell but I go for the regular bacon n eggs n hashbrowns..

Charlee's is great!  Really good.  Had a buddy that worked there for awhile or I would have never considered going.  But the good is delicious and Charlee is good people.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Charlee's is great!  Really good.  Had a buddy that worked there for awhile or I would have never considered going.  But the good is delicious and Charlee is good people.

I know, my girlfriend brought me there and when I first arrived... after cringing a few times at the dive-esque vibe of the joint, it has surprised me.  been back many times.

21 hours ago, bigg jay said:

My office is having our Christmas party at Charlee's this week.  My initial reaction was the same as most people... "you want to go where?" lol

21 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You'll enjoy it!

I think so too.. its a nice little place.  good food, good people.  

20 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Those guys are full of ****.  Not saying Charlee's isn't a good burger, but most of their rankings are absolute trash.

Yeah i disagree with a lot of them, but it is a good starting point. 

Its how i found out about Sonya's.... was my number 1 until it closed.

Which rankings do you feel should be higher?