Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

You are not missing out on anything.   We used to buy lunch mates and similar things for our daughter for lunches and then realized they taste awful, heavily processed,  and are over priced.   It's much better and cheaper to just buy real meat and cheese and DIY.  

I just wanted a chance to use the south park crypto gif, so... thanks for the real meat and cheese is better than Lunchables tip?

On 2024-04-03 at 10:01 AM, iHeart said:

Never thought these would make a comeback (has anyone ever had lunch mates?)

Lunchables are returning to Canada after a 15 year abscence

Man those things would never fill me up these days but I never tried lunch mates I think I will dare myself with the hot dogs)

well I did try the hot dogs.....I prefer them cooked, and like I said they probably wouldn't fill me up as an adult

when am I going to get it through my head that no matter where I order from Popeyes is going to have the best chicken sandwich, KFC really dropped the ball with their latest creation, maybe if they put the spices on the onion rings it would do some favors

47 minutes ago, iHeart said:

when am I going to get it through my head that no matter where I order from Popeyes is going to have the best chicken sandwich, KFC really dropped the ball with their latest creation, maybe if they put the spices on the onion rings it would do some favors

Popeyes over Jollibee's?

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Popeyes over Jollibee's?

I think Mary Browns over everything. Jollibees spicy chicken is good. It's actually hot when the seasoning is applied well. Not north American hot. Actually hot

Kfc sucks these days. Don't mind Popeyes but I can't handle the no Gravy. I don't like there version 

I'm hearing that the old starbucks location at Kildonan crossing is going to be a Press'd Sandwich location.....why would they DO THAT WHEN THERE'S A FIREHOUSE SUBS THAT'S GOING TO BE OPENING A FEW STEPS AWAY? 

and I checked the menu it seems underwhelming 

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm hearing that the old starbucks location at Kildonan crossing is going to be a Press'd Sandwich location.....why would they DO THAT WHEN THERE'S A FIREHOUSE SUBS THAT'S GOING TO BE OPENING A FEW STEPS AWAY? 

and I checked the menu it seems underwhelming 

I assume they didn't know before signing the lease,  sometimes the process takes over a year before builds are commenced.  

I looked at the the Press'D web page for the other location,   you are correct those sandwiches look underwhelming.   Not as nice as Cha-chi's  and more like a fancier version of the sandwiches you can get at a gas station.    

Posted (edited)

Pizza Hut has introduced chicken strips to their menu....yeah I'm likely going to take a pass because I bet they'll be dry

Papa John's has better new menu items

Edited by iHeart

So today I found out that M&M food market has released a dipping sauce that has almost the EXACT same ingredients as Chick-fil-a sauce, don't believe me here's M&M's

Soybean oil, Sugar, Water, Prepared mustard (vinegar, water, mustard seeds, salt, turmeric, paprika, spices, garlic powder), White vinegar, Frozen yolk, Tomato paste, Salt, Cider vinegar, Flavour, Concentrated lemon juice, Smoke flavour, Dehydrated garlic, Dehydrated onions, Caramel, Chili seasoning, Xanthan gum, Spices, Calcium disodium EDTA. Contains: Egg, Mustard.

and here's Chick Fil a's

Soybean Oil, Sugar, BBQ Sauce (Tomato Paste, Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor, Caramel Color, Spices, Garlic*, Onion*, Natural Flavor, Oleoresin Paprika), Water, Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice, Garlic*), Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolk, Salt, Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Mustard Flour, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavor, Garlic*, Calcium Disodium EDTA added to protect flavor, *Dehydrated