Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

Usually I do have pizza hut for lunch

Really?  You better be careful or you're going to need an iHeart soon or your current one is gonna explode.

Famous Dave's is ok when I went to the one in Minni...but the one up here, at least when it first started, I found wasn't as good.  Never bothered to go back.

Just now, Logan007 said:

Really?  You better be careful or you're going to need an iHeart soon or your current one is gonna explode.

Famous Dave's is ok when I went to the one in Minni...but the one up here, at least when it first started, I found wasn't as good.  Never bothered to go back.

I said usually, not all the time, and when I do, it's usually a personal pizza

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I said usually, not all the time, and when I do, it's usually a personal pizza

Ah ok.  I read usually as in, more often then not.  And I wasn't referring to the amount you ate, but to the amount of grease clogging the arteries over time.

23 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I'm pretty much as far away from Wpg's Famous Dave's as you can get within city limits - only make it there sparingly. 

If you were a fan of the US one... time to go back. I've never had a bad meal at the one here. 

Lastly, curse you for filling my head with thoughts of burnt ends......so effn good! 

• 3 weeks later...

so has anyone ever been to Celebrations Dinner Theater. Most of the dinner theater shows are spoofs of popular movie or tv properties, the waiter actors interact with you (I had a little fun with them last night)

the food is usually orders of Beef, Chicken, pasta, or fish product (though Prime Rib was recently added to the menu but it's an additional $5 charge)

and if it's your birthday or anniversary you get called up and they cast sings something to you (I did that when they did Jump for Glee 7 years ago) and you get a signed card from the cast

12 hours ago, nate007 said:

Been twice and never again. The food is awful and the shows are lame. For the price of a ticket, I could go get at least five or six regular shawarmas at SK. Way more enjoyable.

Same.  I went a few times years ago, but the food has always sucked and the shows were very meh.  We've never been back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got to try Fat Burger on Regent, it's kind of like Five Guys minus the peanuts, plus there's a breakfast menu and shakes

that was some good maple bacon. I didn't buy a shake because I had just got out of the dentist (3 cavities what the hell did I do to deserve that?)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-06-29 at 1:17 PM, iHeart said:

Well I finally got to try Fat Burger on Regent, it's kind of like Five Guys minus the peanuts, plus there's a breakfast menu and shakes

that was some good maple bacon. I didn't buy a shake because I had just got out of the dentist (3 cavities what the hell did I do to deserve that?)

Yeah, FatBurger is exactly like Five Guys....minus the taste.

You can't compare the two.  Fatburger is garbage.  No flavor at all.

26 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah, FatBurger is exactly like Five Guys....minus the taste.

You can't compare the two.  Fatburger is garbage.  No flavor at all.

I thought the opposite... Five Guys was just a lot of grease,  Fatburger had a lot of taste and both were greatly over priced. 

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2018/07/filipino-chain-maxs-restaurant-opening-in-winnipeg-fall-2018/

Also, I had the chance to visit Cibo Waterfront Cafe this week.  Cool looking place.  Only had a beer and coffee so can't comment on the food but their breakfast menu looked great.  Also visited Brown's Social House for the first time on Portage.  Again, didnt eat, but the patio was nice.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I used to eat a lot of Panago in the early 2000's and it was good...  I tried eating it again about 5 years ago and the quality was almost as bad as Little Caesars....

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I used to eat a lot of Panago in the early 2000's and it was good...  I tried eating it again about 5 years ago and the quality was almost as bad as Little Caesars....

Same deal here. I had Panago a few years and it was awful. Quality went for quite a dump, so it's hardly a shocker to see it close.