Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

So anyone go anywhere good lately, with iHop opening on monday (surely this one will be better than the one in grand forks service wise) I'm kind of wondering if anyone has been anywhere decent recently

a month ago I went with my friends to canadian brewhouse.....man that was a good burger but a word to the wise, do not get an appetizer if you also plan on getting the John Candy Burger it's the second most expensive thing there...but man those garlic fingers were excellent, but there were more than I thought so I asked "anyone want to share my fingers?" which they gladly did

I can assure you that the John Candy Burger is nothing like whatever John Candy like item that Rumors Comedy Club has....it was just two patties compared to the Rita Challenge

I'm not sure if anyone has made a restaurant thread yet so I'm just leaving this here

Edited by iHeart

Doors will open at 8:00am plus the first 100 customers in line will receive FREE breakfast for a year! (The first 100 customers in line will receive 52 $10 IHOP vouchers)

The new 200 seat restaurant will open at the corner of Kenaston Boulevard and Sterling Lyon Parkway by Outlet Collection Winnipeg.

Perkins used to leave the carafe as well or at least they did for us bouncers when we’d go there after work at 3am

First time I went to vegas in 2008 my buddy insisted we go to IHOP as he had such a great experience there previously. I didn’t think it was anything special and he actually agreed it was better in his memories. 

I went to Rockwood bar & grill a few times and really enjoyed it. 

I can also attest to the sheer volume of the John Candy burger at Canadians Brewhouse. Big and good. 

They are building a Mr Mike’s in that same block. I enjoyed my one and only visit there when I was one Dauphin last year. 

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Like every other restaurant it will take a while before it hits the high standard.

How much for the Breakfast Sampler.

oh right it's just getting started so they are expecting some slow starts or something, I should have learned that lesson from two months ago when my friends and I ate at a recently opened Finn Macool's the service was awful 

On 9/25/2017 at 10:39 AM, Jimmy Pop said:

As far as new places in town go, One Great City Brewing near Polo Park is a great, fresh spot.   ONLY local brews available - excellent.  Food I had was really good; though we went for le burger week.... so I haven't seen a regular menu.   Decor and vibe was neat. 

You beat me to it... I was just going to mention I went to One Great City on the weekend... I very much enjoyed it... I would recommend it for several reasons:

1. All craft beer, brewed in-house...
2. I had the pulled pork sandwich and fries... it was fantastic... didn't try any other food but I'm sure there's other gems on the menu...
3. It's local... you're supporting a Wpg business going there, not some major national or international chain... that's something that's important to me anyways...

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

You beat me to it... I was just going to mention I went to One Great City on the weekend... I very much enjoyed it... I would recommend it for several reasons:

1. All craft beer, brewed in-house...
2. I had the pulled pork sandwich and fries... it was fantastic... didn't try any other food but I'm sure there's other gems on the menu...
3. It's local... you're supporting a Wpg business going there, not some major national or international chain... that's something that's important to me anyways...

Well, cheers friend!  Glad I'm not the only one who prefers to dine local!

I'm from St.James, born & raised.  We need more places like this succeeding in the neighborhood.  Next time a friend suggests Smitty's for wing night, imma slap them and say OGC or nothing at all!

Image result for flanders nothing at all

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Well, cheers friend!  Glad I'm not the only one who prefers to dine local!

I'm from St.James, born & raised.  We need more places like this succeeding in the neighborhood.  Next time a friend suggests Smitty's for wing night, imma slap them and say OGC or nothing at all!

Image result for flanders nothing at all

D4z9JPJ.gif

• 3 weeks later...

We prefer to support local business's as well instead of chains.  I don't think we ever go to a chain for breakfast except when we're out of the city.  Usually hit the Seine restaurant or something similar.

For supper, we really like Aurora's on Corydon.  Authentic Italian food.  The owner and chef are from Rome.  The sauce tastes just like my Italian mother in law use to make before she passed away.  Really good gnocchi.  The pizza is good, they used to have meatballs on the menu which were great.  One of the servers there is a little slow, but the others are good.

Edited by Logan007

On 10/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, Logan007 said:

We prefer to support local business's as well instead of chains.  I don't think we ever go to a chain for breakfast except when we're out of the city.  Usually hit the Seine restaurant or something similar.

For supper, we really like Aurora's on Corydon.  Authentic Italian food.  The owner and chef are from Rome.  The sauce tastes just like my Italian mother in law use to make before she passed away.  Really good gnocchi.  The pizza is good, they used to have meatballs on the menu which were great.  One of the servers there is a little slow, but the others are good.

It's on Corydon at Lilac?!?   Are they new?  I lived a block away on Dorchester last year and didn't notice these guys...