Dressler injured (again)

IC Khari

On 9/24/2017 at 5:47 PM, Mark H. said:

Pretty good assessment of the position. Except for catching passes out of the backfield (usually with tacklers bearing down) and pass protection. Andrew Harris brings a nice mix of all three. 

I would go as far as saying Harris might be the only RB in the league that excels at all three...

When I saw Dressler get pancaked under that LB on the last fly sweep he did (I think it was a sweep, may have been a screen..) I knew he was coming out.  I think his age and his stature have caught up with him..  He can't take those big hits and get back up so easily anymore.

2 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I think Dressler will be back next year at a reduced salary. He's still a damn good receiver when healthy.

The problem I foresee is his increasing brittleness and rehab times. If hope that Dressler has the smarts to retire while he can still walk without pain, and I also hope that he will be suitably honored at a home game. If it wasn't for him, I don't think the Bombers would have made the playoffs last year.

11 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Deciding to re-sign him at what he may want is what I was referring to as a possible offseason big issue ...

If he's not under contract for next year, and since there will be little other competition for him at the current rate, he either takes a haircut or moves on to life after football.

Maybe they meet in an area of mutual agreement, where  Bombers sign him to a Fantuz-like, coaches contract. The thinking being, that they can activate him on a player's contract if needed due to injury?

To me, the BB hold all the cards on this one.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost