Dressler injured (again)

IC Khari

This is all too familiar and  it's too bad for him. The number of games he's been unavailable to play exceeds the number he's actually played for this team I would think. Weird, I don't remember him being this brittle in Saskatchewan, age must be the difference.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Bombers will be moving on in the offseason ...

Edited by IC Khari

31 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

This is all too familiar and  it's too bad for him. The number of games he's been unavailable to play exceeds the number he's actually played for this team I would think. Weird, I don't remember him being this brittle in Saskatchewan, age must be the difference.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Bombers will be moving on in the offseason ...

He played 14 last year and has played 8 this year.  19 full games, 3 left with injury, 8 missed games.

Just for accuracy's sake.

24 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Has anyone actually seen this Wolitarsky kid?  I'm beginning to think he's just a figment of Walter's imagination.  

I'll believe it when I see him.  

actually one of the beat guys (or maybe Tait) reported not that long ago that the kid was looking really good in his limited PR reps.....he's there, and he's practicing hard, and that's about all we know for sure. Having said that, I really think people are jumping the gun by wanting to get him out there. We don't know if he's the right option or not...people just want to see him. I agree that they're likely to play Lankford more and Washington makes a return to the full roster...

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Has anyone actually seen this Wolitarsky kid?  I'm beginning to think he's just a figment of Walter's imagination.  

I'll believe it when I see him.  

Wolitarsky does practice. He has the physical tools and skills. He is noticeable and fun to watch. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Id love to see coates and jfg start, wolitarsky back em up. That way we could go back to starting poop and rotating jake. 

what no love for Brett Blaszko? Did I tell you guys about the time....  :)

Not sure if anyone noticed but Thorpe was quietly replaced on the P/R by another receiver, named Chris Givens.  He last played in the NFL in 2016.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure if anyone noticed but Thorpe was quietly replaced on the P/R by another receiver, named Chris Givens.  He last played in the NFL in 2016.

blaszko is also a good NI prospect. imo wolitarsky is a closer to productive prospect with higher up side. Givens is also a good prospect, but not an NI. The primary reason i would like a 2 starting ni wrs is to get poop back starting.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Based on what was reported... Givens looks like a guy that can replace Dressler  (fast guy who can burn people deep). 

3 minutes ago, James said:

I think Givens will definitely be dresslers replacement... but he likely has a ways to go before we can slot him in there in regards to learning the game and our offence

Didn't the Ti-cats RB start after being with the club for only a week and out of football for the last 2 years?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Didn't the Ti-cats RB start after being with the club for only a week and out of football for the last 2 years?

That stuff happens. Some thing similar happened with kerry joseph. He had last played saftey as well. But those cases are rare. Also, our team is run differently. Being as we are a play off team our existing player talent isnt an issue (in general) and mos is a players coach. It isnt easy to lose your job as a vet on this team. Thorpe easily out played a couple of our wrs, but was the one who got sent packing. 

Air lifts arent as common as they used to be. In part because the general talent level of the league is higher then it was 20 years ago. And also (in part because of that fact) teams dont fall out of contention nearly as early as they used to. So wide sweeping desperation moves arent common. 

Rb is also maybe the most plug and play position. Not soo much is demanded of RB as it once was. In terms of number of touches any way. And it has the highest talent level + availability.You cant just dig up a DB with excellent coverage skills. But you can dig up a RB who can make the first guy miss / or break the tackle fairly easily. It also has to do with the ease of getting a RB the ball. A wr has to run a good pattern, beat coverage, get a good pass then catch it. A rb gets handed the rock. 

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Alex Green was with the Ticats in T.C. but got cut, so he was training in the off-season and was also familiar with their playbook.  C.J. Gable just lost his job, long time coming but well deserved imo as he's been inconsistent and injury prone for years.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That stuff happens. Some thing similar happened with kerry joseph. He had last played saftey as well. But those cases are rare. Also, our team is run differently. Being as we are a play off team our existing player talent isnt an issue (in general) and mos is a players coach. It isnt easy to lose your job as a vet on this team. Thorpe easily out played a couple of our wrs, but was the one who got sent packing. 

Air lifts arent as common as they used to be. In part because the general talent level of the league is higher then it was 20 years ago. And also (in part because of that fact) teams dont fall out of contention nearly as early as they used to. So wide sweeping desperation moves arent common. 

Rb is also maybe the most plug and play position. Not soo much is demanded of RB as it once was. In terms of number of touches any way. And it has the highest talent level + availability.You cant just dig up a DB with excellent coverage skills. But you can dig up a RB who can make the first guy miss / or break the tackle fairly easily. It also has to do with the ease of getting a RB the ball. A wr has to run a good pattern, beat coverage, get a good pass then catch it. A rb gets handed the rock. 

Pretty good assessment of the position. Except for catching passes out of the backfield (usually with tacklers bearing down) and pass protection. Andrew Harris brings a nice mix of all three. 

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Alex Green was with the Ticats in T.C. but got cut, so he was training in the off-season and was also familiar with their playbook.  C.J. Gable just lost his job, long time coming but well deserved imo as he's been inconsistent and injury prone for years.

And far below average in pass protection.