Bombers vs Redblacks: Bomber Football Is Back Edition

USABomberfan

Well, we should have a treat this Friday with our guys back in town, and interested to hear the injury report on Tuesday on O'Shea's coaches show.  Maybe Wild makes his return?

Also, anyone know what the Redblacks QB situation is coming into this game?  I'm just curious as to whether or not they'll be starting Ryan Lindley.  If they are, I think we can take a W to the bank in this one cuz I seen that guy play before and he's an equal to Brian Brohm.  If Trevor Harris is back, we may have our hands a little more full with a Redblacks team that's starting to gain traction.  Tate is a little less than Harris, but he has enough experience and is enough of a gamer that I wouldn't take facing him too lightly, even if he's not in Calgary anymore.

But I hope it's Lindley we face.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The entire defense should be licking its chops at the prospect of facing a third string QB. At home with the crowd behind 'em, no less!

My biggest concern is Powell. The front 7 will have to be at its collective best to contain him.

Well, that should be a given considering Rick Campbell's going to have to call a ton of running plays just to give Lindley Brohm any confidence.  Therefore, Richie Hall should have the smarts to load the box and make him beat us with his arm.

If it was in Ottawa I'd say we win by about a touchdown but since we're at home we should win by two scores plus. This team's mental toughness has got a lot better in the last year or so.. But if we can't beat Ottawas third string QB we really don't deserve a home playoff game so I fully expect us to take this one by 14 plus.

I expect our D will give up a couple of big plays but otherwise play well and keep things close. If we go ahead early Lapo will be more conservative (if thats possible)  At the end of the night... We get another W.

Hopefully they correct those big gains we give up every game. Our D line should be able to harass their 3rd string QB all night.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Taylor Loffler and Kyle Knox both practicing today, fwiw, but Westerman wasn't at practice....no word on why, just yet. Ian Wild was out there, but the tone of tweets suggests he's still a long ways out. Sometime in October, at the earliest....

Team seems to be very quiet about this as well..  guys with a bit of "know" seem to be coming up blank all over the place.. @TrueBlue  any ideas?

I hope we bring Khalil Bass back to Winnipeg .... yes he may be somewhat self possessed but he is taking a great lesson in humility this year ... if he comes he will play his heart out for us and may be accepted by teammates as part of the "gang" .... adds depth, will do fine on special teams and knows our system well  .... if we get him here in the next day or two can even get a run down on the Ottawa playbook .... but having been released I doubt MOS will let him back into the fold but you never know .... forgiveness and second chances still exist here and there

Edited by BigBlue

20 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I hope we bring Khalil Bass back to Winnipeg .... yes he may be somewhat self possessed but he is taking a great lesson in humility this year ... if he comes he will play his heart out for us and may be accepted by teammates as part of the "gang" .... adds depth, will do fine on special teams and knows our system well  .... if we get him here in the next day or two can even get a run down on the Ottawa playbook .... but having been released I doubt MOS will let him back into the fold but you never know .... forgiveness and second chances still exist here and there

@EdTaitWFC

Mike O'Shea says #Bombers comfortable with their LB group; will not be pursuing Khalil Bass

@TSNDaveNaylor
Ottawa QB Drew Tate just bruised and sore from yesterday. Not ruled out for this week but unlikely. #cfl #redblacks

@Ted_Wyman  
 #Bombers S Taylor Loffler said he's feeling great and is ready to go. Was late scratch for last game. "Just had some things going on."

Edited by Noeller

If Tate had been playing, and I'm pretty sure he won't, then I'd give consideration to being apprehensive. Unless there's something we don't know about Lindley, I'm pretty sure we're going to bring it on Friday, and mix a lot of Blue in that Red and Black. 

We'll be ready...will they?