2017 Preseason

FrostyWinnipeg

Just now, 17to85 said:

It's a terrible roster for the Oilers, basically their 3rd and 4th lines plus probably 2nd pair on D then a bunch of depth guys. 

Im not overly surprised tho. On the road.. I expect most teams to do this early in preseason. Jets probably keep some big guns home the next couple games. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Buff Niku.

Myers Kulikov

Trouba Morrissey

Confirmed. 

Excited to finally get a look at this Niku character.  The European players, especially those that haven't been in big international tourneys, are always intriguing because they are such unknowns.  At least with the guys coming up from the CHL and NCAA, we've seen them play a bit.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Excited to finally get a look at this Niku character.  The European players, especially those that haven't been in big international tourneys, are always intriguing because they are such unknowns.  At least with the guys coming up from the CHL and NCAA, we've seen them play a bit.

The word is good offensively but needs work in the D zone a bit. But could be a huge steal. 

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like with the exception of Toby that our d core this year,  if Myers and Enstrom have comeback years and Kulikov can be solid this will be the best d we have had.

14/15 is the high bar with 210GA

Lot of D that year due to injuries : Buff, Toby, Troubs, Bogo|Myers, Pardy, Chiarot. Postma, Harrison, Clitsome

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like with the exception of Toby that our d core this year,  if Myers and Enstrom have comeback years and Kulikov can be solid this will be the best d we have had.

Could be.  Kulikov is a huge question mark for me.  Myers as well.  I think at this point we know what we're getting out of Toby, Buff, and Trouba.  Morrissey.... I have faith that he will be very good again but weird things sometimes happen when guys hit their second full year.  Hopefully the depth should be better but that depends on what we get out of Poolman and Niku.  Otherwise we are looking at Chiarot and Melchiori as the primary depth guys which isn't terrible but not really any better than Chiarot/Postma/Stuart.

I have "high hopes"... but I also recognize that there is a long way to go and a lot of work to be done.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Could be.  Kulikov is a huge question mark for me.  Myers as well.  I think at this point we know what we're getting out of Toby, Buff, and Trouba.  Morrissey.... I have faith that he will be very good again but weird things sometimes happen when guys hit their second full year.  Hopefully the depth should be better but that depends on what we get out of Poolman and Niku.  Otherwise we are looking at Chiarot and Melchiori as the primary depth guys which isn't terrible but not really any better than Chiarot/Postma/Stuart.

I have "high hopes"... but I also recognize that there is a long way to go and a lot of work to be done.

3rd worst +/- in the league last year. It can't get any worse for him.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg