2017 Preseason

FrostyWinnipeg

Maurice definitely settling in for another year of a mucker in front on the power play - either Lowry or Copp...

Dirty hit by Trouba...

Connor could maybe use another year with the Moose...  start the year with Connor-Roslovic-Petan and let them all get confidence before Maurice calls them up and gives them four minutes a game ha

Really like Buff-Poolman pairing - would love to see Kulikov as our 7th D

Dano looks lost

Maurice loves Tanev... sigh

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

So far, my preferred opening day lineup is... (nothing shocking)...

LSW

Perrault-Little-Laine

Matthias-Lowry-Armia

Petan-Copp-Dano

(Tanev/Lipon)

Morrissey-Trouba

Poolman-Buff

Enstrom-Myers

(Kulikov/Chiarot)

Helle

(Mason)

I'm not saying you're wrong about the 3rd line, but I don't know what Matthias has done to earn a spot there.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

In your opinion who has done more to earn that spot?  I struggle to come up with a name.

You know what?  Me too.  I was hoping Connor would stand out and take that spot, but he really hasn't and might be better served starting the season, with big minutes, on the Moose.  Matthias is just milk toast, to me, and I don't like him basically getting the 3rd line by default.  The only times I've really noticed him, this preseason, is for the plays he hasn't made, not for anything he's done well.  But I know Maurice loves that combo, so MLA is likely how it will be.

17 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

You know what?  Me too.  I was hoping Connor would stand out and take that spot, but he really hasn't and might be better served starting the season, with big minutes, on the Moose.  Matthias is just milk toast, to me, and I don't like him basically getting the 3rd line by default.  The only times I've really noticed him, this preseason, is for the plays he hasn't made, not for anything he's done well.  But I know Maurice loves that combo, so MLA is likely how it will be.

Yeah I just see it as being Matthias' job to lose at this point, and unfortunately no one has stepped up to take it.  I like Connor but he's gotta show some scoring touch at the NHL level before we give him a spot.

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

So far, my preferred opening day lineup is... (nothing shocking)...

LSW

Perrault-Little-Laine

Matthias-Lowry-Armia

Petan-Copp-Dano

(Tanev/Lipon)

Morrissey-Trouba

Poolman-Buff

Enstrom-Myers

(Kulikov/Chiarot)

Helle

(Mason)

How about this?