The Tech Thread

The Unknown Poster

28 minutes ago, iHeart said:

It's gonna be real fun. Flash is in a lot of things but they also have had years to come up with alternatives.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's gonna be real fun. Flash is in a lot of things but they also have had years to come up with alternatives.

well I'm pretty sure that some facebook games already have alternatives

and some emulator sites I use have some thing called NeptunJS. The article also made it clear that the farmville spinoffs aren't going anywhere. Sad to see it go through even though I haven't played Farmville in years. Zynga isn't the powerhouse it used to be, it all changed when a little game called Candy Crush came along

I would be more devastated if Criminal Case was effected though (but man is that game ever ongoing)

Edited by iHeart

23 hours ago, iHeart said:

well my question got answered some obscure stuff mostly

Journals of the Unknown, Farm town (which was probably a ripoff of Farmville but I wouldn't know I actually played that before Farmville), High 5 Vegas, panic room house of secrets but that was everything I played

On 2020-09-30 at 10:52 AM, iHeart said:

well my question got answered some obscure stuff mostly

Journals of the Unknown, Farm town (which was probably a ripoff of Farmville but I wouldn't know I actually played that before Farmville), High 5 Vegas, panic room house of secrets but that was everything I played

UPDATE: Panic room won't be as effected as I thought 

On 2020-09-29 at 1:04 PM, iHeart said:

well I'm pretty sure that some facebook games already have alternatives

and some emulator sites I use have some thing called NeptunJS. The article also made it clear that the farmville spinoffs aren't going anywhere. Sad to see it go through even though I haven't played Farmville in years. Zynga isn't the powerhouse it used to be, it all changed when a little game called Candy Crush came along

I would be more devastated if Criminal Case was effected though (but man is that game ever ongoing)

Me and my big mouth, I found out this morning that the 17th case in the current season of the game will be it's last, like ever (they're not closing the game though, just plain ending) and it totally sucks because that is the facebook game I am most active with these days, I quit playing the land games (games like farmville) and swap games (candy crush), all I have left are the slot games, and pearl's peril

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Holy geez. Polo Park is on the list. 

The corporation said that it did not collect personal information because the images were briefly looked at and then deleted, however the information generated from the images was being stored by a third-party contractor called Mappedin, which Cadillac Fairview said it was unaware of.

71739359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 98% is a bit lofty,  I would think going with Star link in remote areas (primarily reserves) would be probably the ideal solution.   

It's ridiculously expensive to get high speed to locations up North and usually most communities have piggy backed off of Hydro paying for it.  

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

New ISP in town! IVC Telecom starting out good with 100/10 speeds for $40mnth on a 2 year deal. Using Shaw backbone.

Would you like to know more?

Have been on Primus for a couple fo years now. Their rate is $49.00 per month with 25-29 MBS with good technical support, but do NOT take their VOIP phone service- it is terrible.