The Tech Thread

The Unknown Poster

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Does not compute - the Ipad is just an oversized version of most of those...

This is a good point.  I got an iPad because I got a sweet deal.  Mostly, my thought was this - last year when I went to Las Vegas, the plane had that wifi set up (no TV in the seat back).  So you watch TV and movies through your own device.  I just had my iPhone so it wasnt that fun watching TV on my little screen.  I figure this year when I go away, Ill enjoy the larger screen of the iPad.

But now that I've had it for a couple of months, I hardly use it because it really is just a larger iPhone.  Im sure some people use them all the time...just for me, I haven't yet assimilated it into every day use.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, Mark H. said:

Does not compute - the Ipad is just an oversized version of most of those...

ya I realize that but its bright, easy to use and functional.  great for kids and old people.  doesn't mean I like the line up beyond that lol.  

I despise how proprietary the stuff for apple is.  from accessories to downloading content. just an annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

well....a game emulator site has added nintendo 64 games now I don't know if this is really considered tech (but I know it's not considered iPhone) but for some reason both the nostalgia gaming center of my brain and the nostalgia tv viewing center of my brain (or my inner 90s kids as I prefer to call it) won't shut up, we can binge watch on monday and start playing the emulators after Remembrance day

I also found a place where you can play not just video games but also computer games of the past (they honoured a couple of my requests and it made me happy especially when I get that nostalgic feeling of whenever at Christmas I hear the Spice Girls version of Christmas Wrapping on the radio and I have that happy memory of  my first computer and playing Math Blaster in Search of Spot)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Love the technology.  I bought a 65” LG OLED earlier this year and it’s great. I actually went qualify over size as there was a 75” one I was looking at too. 

I saw Visons had an 82” 4K on sale for boxing week for $3000 I think it was. Outstanding. 

By the time i get around to Reno’ing the basement those 80+ will be well priced 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

When you're absolutely, positively too lazy to rollerblade and walking takes too long.   They look cool though.  Im sure Winnipeg will outlaw them on AT paths, streets, parks etc.  But you can zip around your backyard all you want...as long as the neighbors dont complain.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-06-29 at 8:42 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

When you're absolutely, positively too lazy to rollerblade and walking takes too long.   They look cool though.  Im sure Winnipeg will outlaw them on AT paths, streets, parks etc.  But you can zip around your backyard all you want...as long as the neighbors dont complain.

HEY MAN, it works your core!!!!1111ONE!