Edmonton - was it PI?

aalgernon

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Looked like the Edmonton player was embracing the Stamps player in an effort to get a call. 

Did Maas get a penalty for his meltdown?

5 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

No they just let him tucker himself out and then it was nap time.   If you read the stuff on Eskfans, it seems that while several posters think that Mass needs to get a grip on himself,  for others, it's not surprising he's acting this way, given the fact that there's a league wide conspiracy against the Eskimos.  So many conspiracies, so little time.

Maas got a 10yd Objectionable Conduct penalty for his little hissy fit.  Well deserved.  Pathetic display for what really could have been called offensive PI.

28 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I wouldn't count them out too soon - they gave the Stamps a good run. 

But.. It was a back to back and Calgary won both. Edmontons problem is Oline and D to an extent... And kicker. 

Edmonton will win more than they lose i think... But.. A team with less flaws like the Bombers should beat them IMO. 

2 hours ago, baxter said:

Maas is becoming as obnoxious as Doug Berry was.  Despite a winning record, we saw how that turned out.  No room in the league for being a total  *****bag.

I don't remember Berry complaining to the media bout the refs and blaming everyone else.   

I only remember him getting angry and messy hair when the team made mistakes and that was about it.    He didn't seem like a pouter to me. 

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't remember Berry complaining to the media bout the refs and blaming everyone else.   

I only remember him getting angry and messy hair when the team made mistakes and that was about it.    He didn't seem like a pouter to me. 

Berry wasn't a pouter,  but was totally out of control on the sidelines.  The way he treated Alexis Serna was embarrassing.  Not the type of person you want representing your team or city.  Maas should go.

Mass does need to control his temper and really should not have challenged that PI. There were only five seconds left in the half and winning it would have resulted in a field goal.

The thing that most people in this thread seem to be ignoring is that Williams was going towards the ball and the Calgary DB was just running interference without even knowing where the ball was. 

Calgary was gifted a touchdown in the second half on a PI call that was similar in nature. If it is PI one way but not the other it makes you wonder why. 

Calgary gets pretty special officiating. An example of that is the official (#44) calling an interception on a trapped ball when he was in the same position as the camera that showed it was trapped. They were significantly outplayed that game but had a lot of help to get the win.

Here are the stats to show how much they were outplayed.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

But.. It was a back to back and Calgary won both. Edmontons problem is Oline and D to an extent... And kicker. 

Edmonton will win more than they lose i think... But.. A team with less flaws like the Bombers should beat them IMO. 

They are never out of games due to their high rate of success with the long ball - their weapons are getting healthy again. 

I don't remember the PI call you folks are talking about but Maas is nothing but a rager.  That's all he does and has ever done on the sidelines. I swear he went to the kent Austin school of coaching. If it hasn't already it will bleed more and more onto the field until Edmonton is getting flagged for very slim calls on both sides of the ball. When you are known for taking penalties or as a rager coach you will actually get more calls whether it is warranted or not. It happens in all the pro sports leagues.

11 hours ago, baxter said:

Maas is becoming as obnoxious as Doug Berry was.  Despite a winning record, we saw how that turned out.  No room in the league for being a total  *****bag.

Berry was definitely never THAT bad. Sure, he'd get impassioned, and true, he did go off on some players, but he never lost his temper at "the game" in general. That's the difference. You can be frustrated at a player for something, but it won't necessarily change your image as a leader. On the other hand, when you get mad at the refs and the game overall, it shows that you are letting your frustration at things you can't control take over. It also implicitly makes it okay for players to do the same thing. I never thought of Berry as a d-bag--always quite liked the guy, in fact.

I used to like Maas and at one time hoped he would find his way here as a coach..

then the last 2 seasons happened.  My god, he has been come a trainwreck and an embarrassment..  I'm just waiting for a "there will be consequences" rant next to show his evolution into complete nutcaseness.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, voodoochylde said:

I think the non-call was correct and, if anything, Edmonton's receiver went out of his way to initiate the contact .. they were lucky it didn't go the other way.  

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the replay... he's lucky it wasn't offensive PI...

Also, just watching Jason Maas lose is goddamn mind on the sidelines... makes me so much happier that the only thing people have to complain about is O'Shea "smirks" too much...

And then he goes on to say he "respects" the league's initiative for player safety... yet lambastes the league for taking Reilly out of the game after a head shot... the fact that it wasn't called is a different issue all together... If this Esks season goes completely off the rails I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Brock Sunderland move on from Maas and bring in his own coach...

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the replay... he's lucky it wasn't offensive PI...

Also, just watching Jason Maas lose is goddamn mind on the sidelines... makes me so much happier that the only thing people have to complain about is O'Shea "smirks" too much...

And then he goes on to say he "respects" the league's initiative for player safety... yet lambastes the league for taking Reilly out of the game after a head shot... the fact that it wasn't called is a different issue all together... If this Esks season goes completely off the rails I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Brock Sunderland move on from Maas and bring in his own coach...

Don't forget those "classless" shorts he wears. ;)

But yeah... Maas has some serious anger issues.