Odds and Sods - Banjo Bowl - Saskatchewan Fakes vs Blue Bombers

do or die

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Everybody makes fun of Proulx's accent.  

The worst ever was a Bomber game in Calgary where the Stamps kept sending in an offensive lineman as an extra receiver, and the rule at the time was that you had to declare yourself eligible and the refs had to announce it to the crowd, to avoid the trick play catching the other team off guard. Proulx said about six times "Calgary number sixty-tree is declared as illegible for dis play". It got so bad Bob Irving said "Poor Andre Proulx. They really need to change this rule so the refs don't announce it. This is getting hard to listen to".

On 9/10/2017 at 9:57 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

I watched that play over and over again.  No where can I see the Rider player touch Adams.  Adams trips himself.

Wrong.. right before his mis-step, defender clips his calf, knocking his stride off.  its pretty obvious, dunno how you missed it.

Once, back in the day, Ricardo Montalban was on a late night show with some cowboy singer.

The cowboy singer made a crack about his accent.  (which is a dumb thing to do: Ricardo sounds great in any language)

"When you hear someone speak with with an accent, it means they speak more than one language," said Montalban.  "How many languages do you speak?"

I can speak about 1.2 languages, so I don't make cracks about accents anymore. 

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

I can speak about 1.2 languages, so I don't make cracks about accents anymore. 

The world of Comedy is full of all kinds ofword/ language jokes, including accent jokes, Jackie Mason, one of the funniest guys, part of his shtick, was his bizarre New York, Jewish accent/

"some people think I talk funny". That was part of what made him funny, his wierd accent. same Russell Peters.

ditto, Irish accents, and words, scottish accents/words,  comedian Don Burnstick from Wpg., cockney slang, (Catherine Tate, her east london character)

Thurston Howell, the pompous rich guy, with the fake upper crust New England accent.

The  North Dakot, norwegian accent, in Fargo. The Sarah Palin imitation, that a lot of people thought was so funny, with it's thick accent.

"the claw" in get smart.

Ricardo Montalban, probably didn't spent much time trying to be funny,...

Good for hiim for being multilingual, but Maybe he was taken off guard when he said that.

couldn't hep  masef.... sorry this got a little fur aweye from Foo baw. (Texan accent)

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Off track, but Corinthian leather was a marketing construct, like Häagen-Dazs.

They each sound foreign and sophisticated, but both are works of fiction.

Now you've  gone and shattered my worldview. Next you're gonna tell me there's no Orville Reddenbacher. Or the Keebler elf.

Edited by tracker