Odds and Sods - Banjo Bowl - Saskatchewan Fakes vs Blue Bombers

do or die

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I watched that play over and over again.  No where can I see the Rider player touch Adams.  Adams trips himself.

This.  Adams absolutely trips himself.  That said, about one second before, the D back grabs hold of Adams' arm… For just a split second, but long enough that it could've been illegal contact. 

But, at the end of the day I am with DOD... I was just prayin' that Jones wouldn't throw the challenge flag and was shocked that he didn't. To me, had he done so, it was a slamdunk overturn.   Pretty critical turning point, too, in that it lead to seven at the end of the half versus three. 

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

9 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

This.  Adams absolutely trips himself.  That said, about one second before, the D back grabs hold of Adams' arm… For just a split second, but long enough that it could've been illegal contact. 

But, at the end of the day I am with DOD... I was just prayin' that Jones wouldn't throw the challenge flag and was shocked that he didn't. To me, had he done so, it was a slamdunk overturn.   Pretty critical turning point, too, in that it lead to seven at the end of the half versus three. 

Not to nit-pick too much but the difference was a lean of nine instead of 3-5 ;) It was 29-20 at the half

9 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Not to nit-pick too much but the difference was a lean of nine instead of 3-5 ;) It was 29-20 at the half

Nice catch! Actually, though, we agree. I meant to say that it "led " to seven points for us (for a first half total of 29) rather than three points for us ( which would've been the first half total of 25 ). Damn Siri. She changed my led to lead!

15 hours ago, do or die said:

Fogg back to field punt, on one side....while Leggett suddenly appears on the other...
Rider punt  coverage pulled to wrong side....Moe beats one man....
.....and is off to the races 95 yds for punt return TD.   Some MOS trickery.

I think Paul Boudreau should get some credit for that as well. I don't think its a coincidence that he was a coach for the 2014 Rams team that pulled off the same play.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/09/09/bombers-go-to-the-bag-of-tricks-for-six/

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Does every O line hold the D as much as the riders did?  Maybe I was looking for it but they seemed to be holding like crazy, uncalled. 

I think it's S.O.P. throughout the league now to keep the QB's alive and well but the Rider O-line has always relied heavily on this tactic going back to the days of Picard.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Does every O line hold the D as much as the riders did?  Maybe I was looking for it but they seemed to be holding like crazy, uncalled. 

This has been my pet peeve for years. I maintain that certain teams are allowed to hold. BC did it when they last won the cup. As did Sask. Calgary does it to this very day. Us? We get "hands to the face" penalties.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Maybe you've just "had too much beer" like I have. ;)

A lot of people don't understand the difference between accidental and incidental and use incidental wrong.

Accidental - Didn't mean to do it.

Incidental - Didn't affect play.

In this case, the trip was accidental as their feet got caught up, but was very non-incidental as it made the catch impossible.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

accents can be very funny.

probably English speakers mangling Quebecois is pretty funny in P.Q.

it's more Americans mangling it that is the funniest, I know I was just in PQ (Montreal and Quebec City)  in August listening to Americans trying to speak French (Quebec french).   I was talking to some Americans from New York and they asked me what part of the US I was from, and they were blown away that I was from Canada.  "We didn't think you were from Canada, you speak English so well" was their comment.   I just about fell over laughing.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

49 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it's more Americans mangling it that is the funniest, I know I was just in PQ (Montreal and Quebec City)  in August listening to Americans trying to speak French (Quebec french).   I was talking to some Americans from New York and they asked me what part of the US I was from, and they were blown away that I was from Canada.  "We didn't think you were from Canada, you speak English so well" was their comment.   I just about fell over laughing.

I had pretty much the same thing said to me once in Florida.  Lots of Quebecois vacation there and these Americans had never met anyone from "English Canada".  Unbelievable.  At the same time, I had some kids working the till at a restaurant in South Dakota tell me that they were amazed that I sounded like them.  When I asked them what they thought I should sound like they said "British".   Damned Yankees...