3 stars plus HH LDC edition.

wbbfan

Not an easy game to pick stars. But here goes.

1 Mo.  Allways money. Bad games, bad systems, bad teams, or every thing great. He allways brings it and does his job.

2 Nichols. Couple ugly tosses, sask D really left him reeling when looking for more then dump passes. But still a bright spot in a bad game.

3 Flanders. Showed great versatility catching some big passes out of the back field.

HH, the entire sask D for diving on the field every time the bombers went hurry up. They made the CFL look like the worst parts of soccer. Atleast the loop hole will be closed after this game im sure.  

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Not an easy game to pick stars. But here goes.

1 Mo.  Allways money. Bad games, bad systems, bad teams, or every thing great. He allways brings it and does his job.

2 Nichols. Couple ugly tosses, sask D really left him reeling when looking for more then dump passes. But still a bright spot in a bad game.

3 Flanders. Showed great versatility catching some big passes out of the back field.

HH, the entire sask D for diving on the field every time the bombers went hurry up. They made the CFL look like the worst parts of soccer. Atleast the loop hole will be closed after this game im sure.  

That was part of getting outcoached today. They had an answer for our hurry-up and in spite of Harris' hissy fits and O'Shea complaining to the official who was tuning him out because, well, he is just O'Shea and not Wally, we could do nothing about it. Sask player coming off the field laughing at us was just icing on the cake for them. Jones stole Lapo's lunch money today.

8 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

IMO they need to get Thorpe on the roster for next week. If we are going to throw those short passes all game (Riders were dropping 8 to 9 back), then we need a guy like Thorpe to get some yac yards

If this is as good as Dressler, Denmark and Lankford can be, we're headed downhill quickly. Thorpe could not have been worse than any of these, but I am willing to cut Dressler some slack as it was his first game back.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Im not sure id consider what the riders did by faking injuries being outcoached.. I actually think its poor reffing and if refs had a sack.. Hed put an end to it immediately. The riders made a mockery of the game.. Thats not being outcoached... Its being assholes. 

yeah that faking an injury thing has to stop.  It just makes the league look so bush.  Why am I not surprised that it was Chris Jones the scumbag that came up with this idea.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 'fake' injury is smart. We used it in high school for dogs sake. Slowed us down and stopped us from running our quick offense. Nothing the matter with it and there's nothing that the refs can do about it. It's not like they can ignore injuries on the field.

so are teams using this against Tom Brady and the Patriots when they go into hurry up?  If not why not?  How is the NFL dealing with this garbage?  Because garbage it is.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 'fake' injury is smart. We used it in high school for dogs sake. Slowed us down and stopped us from running our quick offense. Nothing the matter with it and there's nothing that the refs can do about it. It's not like they can ignore injuries on the field.

High school 40 years ago is a wee bit different than doing it playing pro. There's nothing the refs could do about a guy using a knife to tackle someone with either but it doesnt happen. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

they cracked down on the intentional offsides late in games or the intentional time count penalties, I expect them to crack down on this as well. 

How does anyone expect the refs to 'crack down' on injuries or cramps?

The player is taken off the field for 3 plays. Want it changed so they have to stay off longer for every injury or just the one's that may be fake when teams are playing us?

FTR: I'd rather not lose Loffler for more than 3 plays when he got injured and I don't want the refs using their digression when deciding if an injury is real or not.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

How does anyone expect the refs to 'crack down' on injuries or cramps?

The player is taken off the field for 3 plays. Want it changed so they have to stay off longer for every injury or just the one's that may be fake when teams are playing us?

FTR: I'd rather not lose Loffler for more than 3 plays when he got injured and I don't want the refs using their digression when deciding if an injury is real or not.

You can tell if it's legit or not. Like the Rider DL with the cast smiling & sticking his tongue out when he supposedly hurt his hand as he walked off the field. The fact that we're even talking about this means the Riders were cheating.