Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Best scenario for me would be the Bombers up by 17 in the 4th quarter of the Banjo Bowl, the Riders go to a hurry up offence and all the Bombers on D dropped on the ground grabbing their legs:2_grimacing:.

Sorry, but I really don't get the angst on taking a knee / feigning injury.  This has been a tactic used in football to slow up the opponent for as long as I can recall.  Frustrating?  sure, but hardly something new.  I am honestly not too sure I can recall a game that this didn't happen, and that goes beyond the CFL.  After a big play, long run on a pick or return, or simply to readjust either an O or a D when the other side is in sync, this has been around forever.

27 minutes ago, HarryCarayGary said:

Sorry, but I really don't get the angst on taking a knee / feigning injury.  This has been a tactic used in football to slow up the opponent for as long as I can recall.  Frustrating?  sure, but hardly something new.  I am honestly not too sure I can recall a game that this didn't happen, and that goes beyond the CFL.  After a big play, long run on a pick or return, or simply to readjust either an O or a D when the other side is in sync, this has been around forever.

Its cuz you are a rider fan. I actually dont see the big deal either.. I just think its bullshit and embarassing and honestly im not sure many bomber fans are actually that upset over it... I mean... Whatever... Its classless and bush league and just embarassing but nobody has really said its illegal.. It probably should be but... Most posts i see tend to mention how classless embarassing bush league it is.. 

And it certainly is that. What goes around comes around tho. 

Edited by Goalie

What's the difference between this play & faking an injury?  See link. What about the integrity of the game??? Faking an injury just like running the low life play in the video below gets into that territory & it's too easy to say, "Oh everybody does it so it's okay". To me, just like that football play, falling down like being shot before  the ball is snapped to fake an injury is a lie so therefore it's cheating.  Just like that football play is a lie as it has nothing to do with needing a different football. What is that football coach teaching his players? That it's okay to break the rules to win. Just like faking an injury in order to win. BTW, it's my understanding that Football USA has banned this play from being run. Any coach that does is subject to suspension.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Its cuz you are a rider fan. I actually dont see the big deal either.. I just think its bullshit and embarassing and honestly im not sure many bomber fans are actually that upset over it... I mean... Whatever... Its classless and bush league and just embarassing but nobody has really said its illegal.. It probably should be but... Most posts i see tend to mention how classless embarassing bush league it is.. 

It would seem Bomber fans have a very short memory. Do you remember a Bombers DC named Greg Marshall? 2000 - 2004. Greg was notorious for having a Defensive player take a knee for just about anything. I remember a game where the competing offence was finally putting together a drive at normal speed in the 3rd Qtr.  Greg had a lineman take a knee just to disrupt the timing of the offence. Do you not think O'Shea would use this if he needed too. Of course he would

Bomber fans are smart. Doug Brown started this to take all eyes off the real issues. Like 4 turnovers for one. Or a first Qtr that the Bombers were not prepared. With one small insignificant thing of the game Put into print using words like despicable. Doug Brown has taken away all eyes on the fact that O'Shea was out Coached in this game  in all facets of the game. The Green team beat O'Shea at his own game. That's what Bomber fans should be looking at and discussing. Not something that's been around for 30 years or more. 

12 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Do you not think O'Shea would use this if he needed too. Of course he would

No, he said he wouldn't.  And I believe him. 

You can choose to believe that guy you have in control, if you want to, when he says the Bombers were playing up tempo...and his players they were fatigued. 

This board has already acknowledged the Bombers being outplayed, and outsmarted. It will be better for us on Saturday, so help me spit.

11 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

It would seem Bomber fans have a very short memory. Do you remember a Bombers DC named Greg Marshall? 2000 - 2004. Greg was notorious for having a Defensive player take a knee for just about anything. I remember a game where the competing offence was finally putting together a drive at normal speed in the 3rd Qtr.  Greg had a lineman take a knee just to disrupt the timing of the offence. Do you not think O'Shea would use this if he needed too. Of course he would

Bomber fans are smart. Doug Brown started this to take all eyes off the real issues. Like 4 turnovers for one. Or a first Qtr that the Bombers were not prepared. With one small insignificant thing of the game Put into print using words like despicable. Doug Brown has taken away all eyes on the fact that O'Shea was out Coached in this game  in all facets of the game. The Green team beat O'Shea at his own game. That's what Bomber fans should be looking at and discussing. Not something that's been around for 30 years or more. 

"Yeah, what happened over a decade ago under a totally different regime is certainly relevant right now," said nobody ever. It would seem you're employing useless deflection techniques.

And if you bothered to pay any attention to this forum, you'd see fans here are discussing things beyond RedCardGate. Maybe get your head out of your ass and take a look around next time you decide to post.

14 hours ago, HarryCarayGary said:

No Carter fan here, but apparently security went over there right after as Carter had talked to them.  There are classless fans everywhere.  Bombers had some last week, and I am sure the Riders will have some when they visit this week.   It is the unfortunate consequence of over indulgence, which is only heightened in games like LD and the rematch.  It shouldn't paint a full fanbase and looking at Carter's twitter early he essentially says the same at some point.  Unfortunate that this stuff happens, but it always well.

of course security is going to remove a fan that a player alleges spit on him, even if it never happened.  they ain't going to take the word of a bomber fan over a rider player..  come on.  that isn't proof of this.

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"Yeah, what happened over a decade ago under a totally different regime is certainly relevant right now," said nobody ever. It would seem you're employing useless deflection techniques.

And if you bothered to pay any attention to this forum, you'd see fans here are discussing things beyond RedCardGate. Maybe get your head out of your ass and take a look around next time you decide to post.

I find it hilarious how rider fans show up after a win, create names that don't reference riders at all... and yet cannot contain their rider pride long enough to stay incognito.  

its ok tho, once we win this weekend, they will all slink back into their pastures and slews and leave us be again.  oh what a glorious time it will be.

14 hours ago, HarryCarayGary said:

Sorry, but claiming that because something has been around a long time, therefore it's justified is lame. Just rider fans trying to excuse poor sportsmanship. You're right that it's not the main reason the bombers lost. It certainly played a role though.

Either way, its not something im ever going to coach a kid to do. And i would 100% pull my child from a team that thought this was a legit strategy.  The fact that grown men do it (its been a long time since a team has done it to the extent the riders did) is honestly embarrassing, for them personally as well as the league.

I can understand doing it one time to help restructure things, but multiple times...ive never been in a situation in my sporting life (all amatuer) were that would be a legit strategy. 

Im not even sure how/if you fix the rule. Its basically what pro sports has become, do whatever you can to win. Im being 100% honest. Bombers pull that stunt multiple times in a game, id be disgusted win or lose.

Rider fans obviously feel a bit more ok with it as the game went their way. However there's not a chance any of them can say its a good way to play any sport. At any level. "I faked an injury so we could win a game" multiple players from the 2017 riders can say that about the LDC. I honestly feel sorry for those "men".

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sorry, but claiming that because something has been around a long time, therefore it's justified is lame. Just rider fans trying to excuse poor sportsmanship. You're right that it's not the main reason the bombers lost. It certainly played a role though.

Either way, its not something im ever going to coach a kid to do. And i would 100% pull my child from a team that thought this was a legit strategy.  The fact that grown men do it (its been a long time since a team has done it to the extent the riders did) is honestly embarrassing, for them personally as well as the league.

I can understand doing it one time to help restructure things, but multiple times...ive never been in a situation in my sporting life (all amatuer) were that would be a legit strategy. 

Im not even sure how/if you fix the rule. Its basically what pro sports has become, do whatever you can to win. Im being 100% honest. Bombers pull that stunt multiple times in a game, id be disgusted win or lose.

Rider fans obviously feel a bit more ok with it as the game went their way. However there's not a chance any of them can say its a good way to play any sport. At any level. "I faked an injury so we could win a game" multiple players from the 2017 riders can say that about the LDC. I honestly feel sorry for those "men".

Bingo. It's no different than diving in hockey. It's slimy, classless, and unprofessional. And there is no place for that **** in professional sports.

It is a pretty unconventional method, and the fact it was discussed and orchestrated from withing the coaching staff was evident in a couple instances on the theatrics of the "injury"...totally bush and something I have never seen in the way they did it. Generally if you wanted to use this gray area a guy would take a knee pretty much after play was over, or before the play clock started, and with this I have no issue, but doing it after the team has come to the line, or the 20 second clock started was pretty pathetic. 

That fact that this is part of your gameplan/strategy just goes to show the type of character that Jones has, and that it most likely leads to a pretty good summation that he probably is still doing other things to circumvent the rules...history does repeat itself and and a leopard never changes his spots. 

But so be it...let them revel in their self assurance they have turned a corner...if anyone is smoke and mirrors right now it is them, and doubt they surpass us in standings, and pretty sure Wally will turn things around there and end up ahead of the Riders too...and they can tweet away on twitter about how the play-offs are going as spectators

The funny thing about all this is that if the Bomber's and Oshea did this tactic...could you imagine the uproar about it, and I bet too that guys like Suitor and some others would condemn it too, unlike the attitude they have about it now

Just spitballing here, but would you put it past Jones and Murphy to do what the Boston Red Sox did in baseball, stealing signals electronically. Or am I giving them too much credit?  It just seems that the last three games for them were nite and day like they flipped a switch or were in the other team's huddle. They get completely hammered by B.C (Aug 5th) then the following week (Aug 13th) they destroyed and humiliated B.C, Hmmmm makes me wonder.

16 minutes ago, wayner said:

Just spitballing here, but would you put it past Jones and Murphy to do what the Boston Red Sox did in baseball, stealing signals electronically. Or am I giving them too much credit?  It just seems that the last three games for them were nite and day like they flipped a switch or were in the other team's huddle. They get completely hammered by B.C (Aug 5th) then the following week (Aug 13th) they destroyed and humiliated B.C, Hmmmm makes me wonder.

Jonathon Jennings happened. Since then the Rider defense grabbed the momentum.

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

It is a pretty unconventional method, and the fact it was discussed and orchestrated from withing the coaching staff was evident in a couple instances on the theatrics of the "injury"...totally bush and something I have never seen in the way they did it. Generally if you wanted to use this gray area a guy would take a knee pretty much after play was over, or before the play clock started, and with this I have no issue, but doing it after the team has come to the line, or the 20 second clock started was pretty pathetic. 

That fact that this is part of your gameplan/strategy just goes to show the type of character that Jones has, and that it most likely leads to a pretty good summation that he probably is still doing other things to circumvent the rules...history does repeat itself and and a leopard never changes his spots. 

But so be it...let them revel in their self assurance they have turned a corner...if anyone is smoke and mirrors right now it is them, and doubt they surpass us in standings, and pretty sure Wally will turn things around there and end up ahead of the Riders too...and they can tweet away on twitter about how the play-offs are going as spectators

The funny thing about all this is that if the Bomber's and Oshea did this tactic...could you imagine the uproar about it, and I bet too that guys like Suitor and some others would condemn it too, unlike the attitude they have about it now

A lot of Rider fans won't even admit that this was a planned strategy, they think the injuries were legitimate and compare them to Loffler and Heath taking a knee.  It must be a coincidence that the 3 players who went down, Henry, Steele and Mrabure are all Natl. DT's which is the only position the Riders have enough depth to do this at. 

Here's hoping LaPo pursues the no-huddle set relentlessly in the Banjo Bowl so we get to watch Rider players continually flopping over like the spineless weasels they play for.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

of course security is going to remove a fan that a player alleges spit on him, even if it never happened.  they ain't going to take the word of a bomber fan over a rider player..  come on.  that isn't proof of this.

I have a hard time believing a player would involve security during a game when they know the camera is on them.  Carter is a ****** but he is not that stupid.  Perhaps it never happened, but I tend to believe it did.  Every fan base has a percentage of idiots, and it is a shame those few paint us good ones bad. 

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

I  simply choose not to wear my goggles as thick of a blue filter as some and try to look at things a little less bias.  I watched what the TSN Panel had to say one this, and I 100% agree with them.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Well, we had a few players go out for 3 when the riders had momentum, and they looked just fine as well.  Both sides were doing this.  If you don't want your kid doing this, that is admirable and all, but if they ever move beyond HS ball and they refuse they will be gone.  It is part of the game and always has been.

Anyways, the big positive from the game was that the rider run game was essentially nothing aside from one run.   Bombers didn't get a pile going either, but it sounds like James might be out, so that is going to help running up the gut.  Need to have some level of success there to open  up the slants/posts instead of having to attack the edges so much.  Those gut runs are a huge part of opening up Lapo's playbook.  Get that going and things will be a lot better.  On D, not sure what to say.  Not a huge fan of how Hall runs things, and the story of the season has not been stopping the opponent, but simply scoring more.