3 stars + HH Heart stopping OT edition

wbbfan

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Whenever someone bites a stalk of celery I get flashbacks to Kevin Glenn's wrist breaking. I still wake up in a cold sweat yelling "Run Dinwiddie! For God sakes, just run!".

He could have got that first down easy if he had just run.  Even after throwing 2 "interceptions" we still had a chance.  For **** sake dinwiddie 

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

ah yes i knew we lost the last game wasnt sure if it was the last 2. Sat a lot of vets. 

Also Charlie Roberts' holdout because he was playing part of the three-headed monster with Troy Mills and Eric Blount I believe at RB, and he wanted to be the lone star. Pulling that stunt on a team in the middle of a 12 game winning streak, WTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I sort of agree with you and yet, it wasn't unusual for him to single out overall play...just because.  As in "today I'm giving the HH to the Defense." More often though, I remember his choices as the types you identify.

Very true. Feoli-Gudino would be a "happy honkeresque" player in Cactus' (Cacti?) eyes. Not flashy, just dependable, with a knack for the odd big play but forgotten amongst the stars.

40 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Very true. Feoli-Gudino would be a "happy honkeresque" player in Cactus' (Cacti?) eyes. Not flashy, just dependable, with a knack for the odd big play but forgotten amongst the stars.

Exactly; although Wells would absolutely murder Feoli-Guidino's name. I don't think he pronounced Lyall Woznesensky the same way twice. Good times.

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Whenever someone bites a stalk of celery I get flashbacks to Kevin Glenn's wrist breaking. I still wake up in a cold sweat yelling "Run Dinwiddie! For God sakes, just run!".

You could drive a bus through the lane infront of him but he throws the god damn ball. So... frikken... close.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Also Charlie Roberts' holdout because he was playing part of the three-headed monster with Troy Mills and Eric Blount I believe at RB, and he wanted to be the lone star. Pulling that stunt on a team in the middle of a 12 game winning streak, WTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.  Benched because he missed a flight.

Don't blame Dinwiddie for that 07 game....was his first pro start, for Christ's sake. How 'bout a little help from his RB, who was apparently hungover as hell during that game. And, as mentioned, with replay and challenges, we likely win that game because at least one INT by James Johnson skipped off the turf...

On 8/26/2017 at 8:29 AM, Noeller said:

Don't blame Dinwiddie for that 07 game....was his first pro start, for Christ's sake. How 'bout a little help from his RB, who was apparently hungover as hell during that game. And, as mentioned, with replay and challenges, we likely win that game because at least one INT by James Johnson skipped off the turf...

challenges definitely existed in 07... I specifically remember Austin challenging a spot and they actually won it... then Berry took a stupid delay of game penalty buy "challenging the challenge" ... I don't recall the circumstances of this particular INT, whether we were out of challenges or didn't throw the flag in time, or didn't notice, etc...

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

challenges definitely existed in 07... I specifically remember Austin challenging a spot and they actually won it... then Berry took a stupid delay of game penalty buy "challenging the challenge" ... I don't recall the circumstances of this particular INT, whether we were out of challenges or didn't throw the flag in time, or didn't notice, etc...

All turnovers are reviewed automatically now, though, which would have helped.

42 minutes ago, bearpants said:

There were definitely no coach's challenges back in 2007, the rule was introduced in 2015.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

There were definitely no coach's challenges back in 2007, the rule was introduced in 2015.

Canadian Football League[edit]

The Canadian Football League board of governors approved the use of instant replay starting in 2006.[6] The CFL system appears to be modeled largely on the NFL's, although some differences have been incorporated to accommodate differences between the two codes:

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Canadian Football League[edit]

The Canadian Football League board of governors approved the use of instant replay starting in 2006.[6] The CFL system appears to be modeled largely on the NFL's, although some differences have been incorporated to accommodate differences between the two codes:

I don't think that's that the same as the "coach's challenge" though, with the yellow flags and all.  They may have been using video replay to confirm TD's and turn-overs and a coach could call for a measurement but I think that is as far as it went.

On 2017-08-25 at 6:40 PM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Exactly; although Wells would absolutely murder Feoli-Guidino's name. I don't think he pronounced Lyall Woznesensky the same way twice. Good times.

Cactus, who knows his state of mind at the beginning of a Sunday early game, refered to a Calgary DB as the "there he is, the only Chinese player in the CFL, Rick Shaw". 

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

And here I thought I had burned every available copy of that nightmare. And yes @Noeller, I distinctly remember that interception that skipped off the ground in that game. 

Snake bitten, I tell you, by vermin.

Sorry, I didn't want to bring it up... I just distinctly remembered a challenge and subsequent challenge of a challenge... so I had to track it down...