Is MOS changing?

BigBlue

One of our posters said MOS is getting more involved in the defensive scheming, intruding in a bit on the Ritchie Hall philosophy of bend, bend and bend some more , just don't break .... So far MOS has been pretty "laissez faire" hands off when it comes to his coordinators ... if this is changing I think it is a wonderful development in terms of both team morale and defensive common sense ....  not to mention all the fan complaining about the coordinators may be coming to an end.

Is MOS gaining in confidence and with it leadership?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lawless tweeted during last game that it was clear MOS was taking a stronger hand in the D. 

Lawless is in Vegas but its pretty obvious the last 2 weeks that there have been some change. Not a ton.. Perhaps its as simple as getting mo back and switching roc and walker around. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Lawless is in Vegas but its pretty obvious the last 2 weeks that there have been some change. Not a ton.. Perhaps its as simple as getting mo back and switching roc and walker around. 

I believe Lawless is in Manitoba.  But ofcourse, where he is has little bearing on who he talks to.  He seemed pretty certain about his comment but we cant know whether it was opinion or fact.

Whatever it is, hopefully it continues.

You know how MOS used to be labeled as stubborn .... I think that came from a lack of not not knowing, not being sure of himself .... now that is seeming reversed and instead we are getting confidence and sophistication .... the genuine leadership we have expected all along

Gary Lawless has always had this habit of treating his own opinions like they were facts. 

Maybe MOS is getting more involved in the D, or maybe it's just a case of the new faces on the DL getting used to each other and Mo Leggett coming back and Carmichael and Walker both switching positions and getting more comfortable with the CFL game. 

But yeah it's probably MOS just sticking his fingers into things..... Not gonna put a lot of stock into what Lawless says without a better source than Gary thought it so it must be true. 

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

You know how MOS used to be labeled as stubborn .... I think that came from a lack of not not knowing, not being sure of himself .... now that is seeming reversed and instead we are getting confidence and sophistication .... the genuine leadership we have expected all along

Cripes, he hasn't changed that much!

7 hours ago, do or die said:

His first year, MOS deferred quite a lot to Etch and Marcel B.    That didn't go well.   He is now into his 3rd, and understands that the HC provides the overall direction and the kind/style of play and players, and schemes that he wants...

I think he is in his fourth year.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Gary Lawless has always had this habit of treating his own opinions like they were facts. 

Maybe MOS is getting more involved in the D, or maybe it's just a case of the new faces on the DL getting used to each other and Mo Leggett coming back and Carmichael and Walker both switching positions and getting more comfortable with the CFL game. 

But yeah it's probably MOS just sticking his fingers into things..... Not gonna put a lot of stock into what Lawless says without a better source than Gary thought it so it must be true. 

Kind of like most of us here actually ;)

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Lawless is a tremendous source.  I'd not be so supportive of that case the longer he is with Vegas as I'd assume he wont bother cultivating his sources.  I think people confuse his style with BS.  The reason Lawless had some really good stories is he protected his sources.  So when you'd listen to him, there was a lot of reading between the lines.  He's definitely going to be missed here.

Speaking of our friend Gary, he's back in Vegas and posted a photo of his backyard.  I think he made the right decision!

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

# one reason why the world wide web fails.

19 hours ago, BigBlue said:

One of our posters said MOS is getting more involved in the defensive scheming, intruding in a bit on the Ritchie Hall philosophy of bend, bend and bend some more , just don't break .... So far MOS has been pretty "laissez faire" hands off when it comes to his coordinators ... if this is changing I think it is a wonderful development in terms of both team morale and defensive common sense ....  not to mention all the fan complaining about the coordinators may be coming to an end.

Is MOS gaining in confidence and with it leadership?

On the Coach's show last night O'Shea stated that he was not getting further involved than before with the O or the D and that he trusts his coordinators.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

On the Coach's show last night O'Shea stated that he was not getting further involved than before with the O or the D and that he trusts his coordinators.

What!?!?!? Gary Lawless pulled an opinion out of his ass and treated it like fact? No way!

People need to stop treating everything that man says like it's some inside info. He does have some good info, but he's also like most media types and has an overinflated sense of his own intelligence. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What!?!?!? Gary Lawless pulled an opinion out of his ass and treated it like fact? No way!

People need to stop treating everything that man says like it's some inside info. He does have some good info, but he's also like most media types and has an overinflated sense of his own intelligence. 

Right because MOS always tells the truth?  He is never forthcoming with what goes on behind closed doors.

Lawless might be right, he might be wrong.  But MOS claiming the opposite means nothing.

What's the evidence of "fingerprints"?

asked this question before, Jp85, who watches closely, said the only change he saw was Randall blitzing, which is new.

Nobody else has noticed or mentioned anything new. I am going to guess it's more related to thinking Ritchie Hall is not good so if the defence is playing better, must be Moss. I don't think Ritchie Hall is not good at his job. Moss wouldn't have him here  if he was. Same argument as Hurl.

anyway, so  What are the Moss related changes?

I think the change is Roc is learning on the job, Roc changed postion, and Moe is back. those are the changes.

anyway, Maybe Lawless can help us out here.

Edited by Mark F