CFL Week 8 Power Rankings

I was surprised to see us ranked ahead of BC but I'll take it. Wow #3. Pretty lofty! Would sure like to see someone wipe that smirk off BLM's face and it would be nice if it was us in, say, the Western Final (you heard it here first).

How about this ...

Did you know @EdmontonEsks have won more games than any other club. Going into '17 they are 659-486-18 for .575 mark, #1 all-time #Canada150

Any ideas why this is? Is it the oil money? Is it the fans? Some unknown intangible? Whatever it is, I wish we had more of it. I'm happy where we are now but man, we have been awful for a very long time while a team like Edm just seems to roll along year after year producing good to great teams. When I was growing up in Wpg it was the era of Ray Yauch, Tom Wilkinson, Dave Cutler, and after that Warren Moon, Gizmo Williams, and Tommy Scott over in Edm. Always tough to play against and here they are, a great team again. How  do they do it year after year and why haven't we been able to? Looking forward to that pendulum swinging our way for a while.

30 minutes ago, J5V said:

How about this ...

Did you know @EdmontonEsks have won more games than any other club. Going into '17 they are 659-486-18 for .575 mark, #1 all-time #Canada150

Any ideas why this is? Is it the oil money? Is it the fans? Some unknown intangible? Whatever it is, I wish we had more of it. I'm happy where we are now but man, we have been awful for a very long time while a team like Edm just seems to roll along year after year producing good to great teams. When I was growing up in Wpg it was the era of Ray Yauch, Tom Wilkinson, Dave Cutler, and after that Warren Moon, Gizmo Williams, and Tommy Scott over in Edm. Always tough to play against and here they are, a great team again. How  do they do it year after year and why haven't we been able to? Looking forward to that pendulum swinging our way for a while.

You forget that in Reilly's first two years in Edm. they were as bad or almost as bad as the Bombers so it hasn't been continuous.

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You forget that in Reilly's first two years in Edm. they were as bad or almost as bad as the Bombers so it hasn't been continuous.

It was actually only one bad year, 2013. But it was very bad at 4-14. The next year they were 12-6.

On 8/6/2017 at 10:59 AM, Noeller said:

Hardcore click bait... Blech. 

He's "advertising" a CFL blog... and when you click on the link, you get a CFL blog... not sure why you have such a problem with that...

If you don't want to read another CFL fan's thoughts on the league... don't read it... Personally, I think we should be encouraging independent CFL bloggers....

49 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He's "advertising" a CFL blog... and when you click on the link, you get a CFL blog... not sure why you have such a problem with that...

If you don't want to read another CFL fan's thoughts on the league... don't read it... Personally, I think we should be encouraging independent CFL bloggers....

Because most of the media is just not cutting it. For example, I used to look forward to Ed Tait's training camp reports with my coffee during lunch break. Stuff like that is just not happening anymore. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I hope he's at least paying Rich to advertise his blog here. I have a problem with people who only use these message boards for their own gain in that regard. Poster who only exists to link to his blog? Come on now that's bullshit unless you sponsor the forum. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I hope he's at least paying Rich to advertise his blog here. I have a problem with people who only use these message boards for their own gain in that regard. Poster who only exists to link to his blog? Come on now that's bullshit unless you sponsor the forum. 

Thank goodness someone isn't a total moron....

Guy contributes NOTHING to this site other than to advertise his own thing....these are the worst people on the internet.

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Clickbait would be "CFL Week 8 Power Rankings.... you won't BELIEVE who we ranked #6!!" and then you have to click through to a new page for each team in the power rankings.

Coming soon:

buzzfeed.com/CFLpowerrankings

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

good point... that's a good angle to take it from that I hadn't considered... piggy backing on another site to advance your own is petty... but  there's gotta be a better way to co-exist... more CFL content out there the better, IMO...

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

good point... that's a good angle to take it from that I hadn't considered... piggy backing on another site to advance your own is petty... but  there's gotta be a better way to co-exist... more CFL content out there the better, IMO...

If he was even a semi-active poster and contribute to the site by adding comments, thoughts, etc with some dialog here, that would buy him a lot more leeway with these grumpy old men.