Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Why is the defense gassed but the offense isn't? Excuses excuses. Point is we put 2 TD's on the board when it meant the most. 

did u watch just the last 1 minute of the game?? We fluked one out but the D and Nichols were garbage man. Take off the blue glasses. Unless were planning on winning our games with onside kicks and 2 minute drills we are in trouble going forward without some big changes

That was just a flat out crazy ending. I'll take it. Last week we couldn't close out a victory, this week we came back to ****** victory from defeat. Montreal was getting ready for the flight home before they figured out the game wasn't over.

There are a TON of things to work on but at least they're more tolerable after a win. 

I hope this gets Nichols going. For most of this game I thought he was pretty poor. A lot of checkdowns with the rare nice throw. Several tosses in the dirt, especially on the move. Those checkdowns came in handy once Montreal's defense went into prevent at least. 

The DL played well. What I can't figure out is why we play so much zone coverage despite clearly succeeding more in man. It doesn't matter what sort of pressure we're getting when we're in deep or soft zones all the time.  I think the amount of rookies and young players on the defense has really hurt us though. 

Enjoy the win and figure out how to play more consistently. We'll be all right.

This is a very unrecognizable feeling..  I mean, did we just pull the biggest, fattest rabbit out of a hat?

And Medlock? Talk about pulling yourself together.

A tip of the hat to MOS. Not an ordinary kick to the sidelines like every other team, but a perfectly executed kick to the hash marks, and the rest was pure will. Nichols getting that far on a run...whoa. Enormous effort.

And, of course, Harris, who is a RUNNING BACK...

It's a nice win, and we should all enjoy that because wins like this when the defense gives up 40 points are usually pretty rare. Especially when running a Lapo offence that has trouble stretching the field and putting up a lot of points.

Some of the trends in this game are worrisome. The D better lock it down (at least better than 500+ yards offence against). Hopefully they will when they get some starters back.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Montreal had 531 yards of offense. Sweet lord. This from the lowest scoring team in the league. D needs to be much much better than that.

Its Hall. Strong DLine. Good DBs.. A couple elite ones.. Good 2 linebackers when healthy. Its the scheme. Its hall. Its soft zone.