Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

2 hours ago, yogi said:

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that trumpeting Lankford's statistics after 4 games is misleading for numerous reasons. But, as I keep pointing out, he's doing better than most of the board, myself included, give him credit for.

I purposely posted those stats in my post in game notes because it should be pointed out. I've not seen too many flattering mentions on Lankford's kickoff returns, therefore I figured it had to be pointed out to show the other side. 

It is a snapshot of a point in a season, just like all stats are at any point of the season.

The bolded part is exactly why it should be pointed out. 

He's not last in that category, he's first. 

Let's just celebrate the good..there's too little of it.

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Home opener this season would have been a sellout at Canad Inns so it's a tough comparison.

The newer stadiums are definitely being overbuilt. It's nice to create some urgency to go out there and get a ticket.

Edit: My computer went haywire and this reply was obviously so important it needed to be said five times..:lol:
Can you not delete posts here lol?

Edited by Blueandgold

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Lankford is getting some results, while looking awkward doing it.

No hair is left un-split....

Yes, Lankford has had a few nice returns, and he has some true break away speed, which is something the Bombers do not seem to have on many of their rosters over the years.

The down side is the following:

1) He always tends to move laterally to try and gain space and seldom goes north to south unless he has already gained the edge. It makes him easy to scheme against.

2) He has fumbled more than a few times, and when you watch most of his carries he does not exhibit good ball security habits.

3) He makes some questionable calls with things like coming out of the end zone instead of giving up a single, and reversing his field and losing yardage too many times when he is trying to make something out of nothing.

I perceive him as the type of player that will give you one good play and then cost you (sometimes dearly) on the following three or four. He has some great speed which is an ability you can't coach, but he makes too many errors casually for me to want him on a team that "should be" challenging for a cup. Perhaps he can be coached up somewhat, but that one stat mentioned earlier in this thread is not enough and we should look for something more consistent IMHO. Gawdy stats aside, I like McDuffie's game much better last year. Wish he would become available.

58 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Yes, Lankford has had a few nice returns, and he has some true break away speed, which is something the Bombers do not seem to have on many of their rosters over the years.

The down side is the following:

1) He always tends to move laterally to try and gain space and seldom goes north to south unless he has already gained the edge. It makes him easy to scheme against.

2) He has fumbled more than a few times, and when you watch most of his carries he does not exhibit good ball security habits.

3) He makes some questionable calls with things like coming out of the end zone instead of giving up a single, and reversing his field and losing yardage too many times when he is trying to make something out of nothing.

I perceive him as the type of player that will give you one good play and then cost you (sometimes dearly) on the following three or four. He has some great speed which is an ability you can't coach, but he makes too many errors casually for me to want him on a team that "should be" challenging for a cup. Perhaps he can be coached up somewhat, but that one stat mentioned earlier in this thread is not enough and we should look for something more consistent IMHO. Gaudy stats aside, I like McDuffie's game much better last year. Wish he would become available.

Lankford has had a hard time finding steady work for good reasons. He has very good straight line speed- among the best in the league, but as stated above, he is careless with the ball and he has trouble reading his blocking, which makes him indecisive. We need better.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Nice to have Bob back on the radio broadcast.

Is it just me that gets this message  "you are not allowed to give reputation to this poster"

wierd.

No I get it too. I think if you click "like" and then click it again by mistake you'll get that message. 

From what I've seen so far this team is proving out to be a joke....Improvement over last year doesn't seem to be the case and I really feel sorry for the hard core supporters of this club... After witnessing that crap and IF it doesn't improve in the second half...A Cup appearance could be a very long time off...Spinners can put a bull$hit cover on it but seeing is believing and I'm not liking what I'm seeing...There better be a huge improvement in the second half or a few guys arses better be on the line...Cripes some of these guys don't seem to be able to tackle

Edited by Stickem

4 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

The newer stadiums are definitely being overbuilt. It's nice to create some urgency to go out there and get a ticket.

Edit: My computer went haywire and this reply was obviously so important it needed to be said five times..:lol:
Can you not delete posts here lol?

only the mods have the power to delete posts, I wish we all could have that power

It has been far too long since I've had any confidence in this team to ever win a game.  I just pray and pray and pray they'll get better but they never do.  I fondly remember the feeling back in the day when I went into the game knowing it was going to be a win.  Now I hope we're not blown out too badly.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.  What a bunch of clowns.  This team is a joke and there's nothing anyone can smear on this to make it smell better than what it is.  A mediocre team coached by a mediocre coach and coordinators.  I keep coming back for this punishment game after game after game hoping they'll improve.  It's been YEARS like this.