Game day thread: Montreal here

BigBlue

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Montreal has always been dirty going back to Ed Philion.

yup.  Hebert has been known to have a dirty streak too.. Cox obviously, such a scumbag... almost think he learned his trade from Dirty Sanchez, all-time scuzz of the Als franchise.

4 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

yup.  Hebert has been known to have a dirty streak too.. Cox obviously, such a scumbag... almost think he learned his trade from Dirty Sanchez, all-time scuzz of the Als franchise.

Yes Hebert has a dirty streak too. He "imposed" his will on a late hit to a Bomber that was missed last night. 

was him trying to do a head shot on Nichols on the scramble to the one where he missed his mark too that allowed Winnipeg to get closer to the goal line..if he would have played unselfishly and just wrapped him up he would have been down at about the 5 or 6

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

was him trying to do a head shot on Nichols on the scramble to the one where he missed his mark too that allowed Winnipeg to get closer to the goal line..if he would have played unselfishly and just wrapped him up he would have been down at about the 5 or 6

To be fair......Nichols needs to stop turtling and putting his head down like that. MTL did lead with his head the WHOLE time which is the major reason its RTP. But Nichols isn't going to have a long career taking those kinda shots. He needs to stop lowering his head. He did it two other times in the game but luckly he didn't get hit helmet to helmet on those.

And I've been whining about this since last night LMAO. But Durant should have had a 15 yard penalty in the 3rd for taking his helmet off after being sacked. He got sacked, ripped his helmet off got up and started whining to the ref.

SECTION 4 – OBJECTIONABLE CONDUCT

A player shall be penalized for any act of objectionable conduct, including but not

limited to:

(a) verbal abuse or objectionable gesture directed at an opponent, official or

spectator,

(b) throwing the ball at an opponent, official or occupant of the team bench

area,

(c) interfering with the placement of the official’s flag marking the spot for a

penalty,

(d) baiting or taunting an opponent by act or word,

(e) voluntarily removing his helmet after a play while on the field, except during

a timeout, or throwing it to the ground, or using it in an intimidating manner

against an opponent, official or spectator,

(f) unnecessary physical contact with an official,

51 minutes ago, Mark F said:

What a complete A - *ol* this guy is on this play. Suspension is in order for that. And friggin Bowman whining.

Montreal has a fairly long history of this kind of crap. Chip Cox had one or two horsecollars in just this game. He horsecollars regularly. I really hate this kind of stuff.

I  don't understand how guys like this pull this off, and don't get killed on some other play.

Dressler got hurt on Cox's horse collar

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And I've been whining about this since last night LMAO. But Durant should have had a 15 yard penalty in the 3rd for taking his helmet off after being sacked. He got sacked, ripped his helmet off got up and started whining to the ref.

SECTION 4 – OBJECTIONABLE CONDUCT

A player shall be penalized for any act of objectionable conduct, including but not

limited to:

(a) verbal abuse or objectionable gesture directed at an opponent, official or

spectator,

(b) throwing the ball at an opponent, official or occupant of the team bench

area,

(c) interfering with the placement of the official’s flag marking the spot for a

penalty,

(d) baiting or taunting an opponent by act or word,

(e) voluntarily removing his helmet after a play while on the field, except during

a timeout, or throwing it to the ground, or using it in an intimidating manner

against an opponent, official or spectator,

(f) unnecessary physical contact with an official,

It came off during the play.

34 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I still remember Chip Cox in either his first or second year, literally picking up Charles Roberts and hitting him with a suplex. 

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

To be fair......Nichols needs to stop turtling and putting his head down like that. MTL did lead with his head the WHOLE time which is the major reason its RTP. But Nichols isn't going to have a long career taking those kinda shots. He needs to stop lowering his head. He did it two other times in the game but luckly he didn't get hit helmet to helmet on those.

Nichols wasnt turtelling on that play..he was trying to score and Hebert wanted to take a big cheap head shot instead of tackling...and missed

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Firstly, this is what Ackie said:   

“I thought it was a clean hit, but it’s not my decision to make,” Ackie lamented.

?‍?I'm very surprised that Herb Zurkowsky makes this observation on that play: 

Nichols was brilliant on the play, ducking his head into the hit as he was about to get sacked — and referee Al Bradbury, never one to historically do the Als any favours, bought the routine.

?‍?And here I thought it was bloody obvious...

Edited by Mr Dee

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Firstly, this is what Ackie said:   

“I thought it was a clean hit, but it’s not my decision to make,” Ackie lamented.

?‍?I'm very surprised that Herb Zurkowsky makes this observation on that play: 

Nichols was brilliant on the play, ducking his head into the hit as he was about to get sacked — and referee Al Bradbury, never one to historically do the Als any favours, bought the routine.

?‍?And here I thought it was bloody obvious...

ya Zurkowsky, because starting QBs really want to make sure that helmet to helmet hits are going to happen.  they are so conducive to a long and prosperous career in football.    yup, why doesn't every QB duck their head INTO the hit..

oh, wait because thats the stupidest freakin' thing I've ever heard!  come on man, don't be that much of a homer.

39 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

No it wasn't. They showed it on the reply as well. He was down and took it off himself. I will post it once it's on youtube!

I think there were 2 plays where his helmet came off... once during the play and another time where he took it off by himself, so I think you're both right.

50 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Dressler got hurt on Cox's horse collar

He still came out and played on offence for a while after that.  It was after the catch over the middle where he basically fell forward after catching the ball and got pilled on by a couple of Mtl defenders when I last noticed him on the field.  He kindof limped off after that play... could have still be from the original horse collar though.

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

They're starting to call it the Montreal Miracle, but that miracle monitor belongs with the Milt TD.

However, in those Bomber last drive(s) did anybody really believe that the outcome would change? But the Bombers, in 13 plays, using 8 short passes and 2 longer passes, somehow managed (Nichols) to avoid (duck) some pretty ferocious pressure and move the ball....and score. Not once, but twice. So, I guess it can be described as a miracle..

NO QUIT!

And again, this is something I'll give MOS credit for. Rarely do we ever see this team just quit. Now if we can just get the team to play for 60 minutes. Then we'd really have something.

Just now, Sard said:

He still came out and played on offence for a while after that.  It was after the catch over the middle where he basically fell forward after catching the ball and got pilled on by a couple of Mtl defenders when I last noticed him on the field.  He kindof limped off after that play... could have still be from the original horse collar though.

I wonder if he was already laboring at that point, he didn't even try to get any YAC and just went right down.

47 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Herb Zurkowsky was on the pre game on CJOB. I've generally liked his writing but man did he comes across as a grumpy old man last night during the segment.

If it's any consolation, his parting words on the pregame were that he wanted to make his deadline (for his newspaper column) ... nothing like 13 points in the final 100 seconds to botch his column I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

And again, this is something I'll give MOS credit for. Rarely do we ever see this team just quit. Now if we can just get the team to play for 60 minutes. Then we'd really have something.

It was really interesting to see the entire atmosphere at IGF change after they recovered the onside kick. Up until that point, the crowd had been pretty noncommittal. That said though, there were countless times at IGF last year where Drew Willy would rack up yards and TDs in garbage time only to fall short of anything meaningful.