Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Go ahead and copy/paste it. You think my opinion will change if we lose Saturday? If we lose Saturday, we'll have lost to a terrible football team and we'll need to improve on it going forward.

PS - his record as a starter is 18-15, I know math isn't a strong suit over there but 15 is not "one hell of a lot more" than 18. It's actually less.

You seen things in a less than objective way, perhaps so do I.  Myself, I see this years Bombers team the same way I've seen them the last 26 years.  Is what it is

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

You seen things in a less than objective way, perhaps so do I.  Myself, I see this years Bombers team the same way I've seen them the last 26 years.  Is what it is

You obviously don't see them in reality which was 11-7 last year with a 7 game win streak as soon as Nichols, Loffler, and Bond came in, please come back when reality sinks in.

Who wins this week? I don't know because this is all on paper but if you look at facts it's not even close.

You lucked out beating Winnipeg in a Grey Cup when our starter was hurt and replays show that the 2 interceptions were bad calls...calls that led to u winning...and are suffering now for the other grey cup you won due to poor management...go green

If you guys continue to suck are u all going to jump off the bandwagon and desert the team...and have to have a 3rd telethon to save it?..and sell worthless stock/share things?

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, you see them based on history instead of present day reality. Smart.

Nope, I see their roster as having many holes like in previous seasons, especially at crucial places like receiver, LB, Canadian OLine depth, marginal starting QB, secondary, etc.  It'll be interesting to see if Okapoluga performs how most former CFL players play after returning from the NFL.

Saturday will be fun Mike, enjoy that atmosphere and look around and admire how things are supposed to be built.  No hard hat required.

53 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Harris runs for just shy of a 100 yards

Based on what Booch, Mike, / t - faith, atomic,  and others are saying about the Riders linebacker situation,

I think Harris will do more than that. I think he might get a lot more than that.

Hope they can get Harris and Flandersessesss in at the same time against an inexperienced middle linebacker.

Looking forward to some forty yard runs by those two.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

You lucked out beating Winnipeg in a Grey Cup when our starter was hurt and replays show that the 2 interceptions were bad calls...calls that led to u winning...and are suffering now for the other grey cup you won due to poor management...go green

If you guys continue to suck are u all going to jump off the bandwagon and desert the team...and have to have a 3rd telethon to save it?..and sell worthless stock/share things?

Nope, this generation of Riders fans don't abandon their team.  Last 2 seasons we had poor teams yet still lead the league in attendance last year, and will again this year by a large margin. 

Makes one wonder why there are thousands of empty seats at IGF every game when your team was improved last season?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Man if it's Judge they are hooped....well they are with Francis too actually

But Judge wasn't starter material in University, has had a week to get into game shape..CFL game shape that is plus learn the nuances of the Canadian game...be able to recognize things under fire, get used to angles, benchmarks..a lot of the little things most don't realize coming from U.S ball to Canadian ball?? 

Good luck with that.

And if Jones does start him over Francis it truly shows how clueless he is.  

either way.. woo hoo, this is gonna be an interesting thing to behold.

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Based on what Booch, Mike, / t - faith, atomic,  and others are saying about the Riders linebacker situation,

I think Harris will do more than that. I think he might get a lot more than that.

Hope they can get Harris and Flandersessesss in at the same time against an inexperienced middle linebacker.

Looking forward to some forty yard runs by those two.

Yeah I see a balanced attack. I think Flanders gets some carries once we get a healthy lead. We don't need Harris hurt. 

I don't post much (career lurker/post liker), but I must say, I LOVE the Regina hate.

Ashamed to admit I live in Regina... which means I suffer through the constant garbage taunts from rider fans who can't name 3 players currently on the team. Even the better media here are unabashedly ignorant and full on deluded homers and managing to find decent CFL talk anywhere is next to impossible.

I could go on for a few pages about everything that's wrong with rider fans and the province but I won't for brevity's sake. 

Please carry on with the excellent rider fan crushing. Go Blue.

5 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Nope, this generation of Riders fans don't abandon their team.  Last 2 seasons we had poor teams yet still lead the league in attendance last year, and will again this year by a large margin. 

Makes one wonder why there are thousands of empty seats at IGF every game when your team was improved last season?

I dunno...seen many empty seats there too last year...and in Winnipeg probably most those seats were vacated by the thousands at the rum hut

Well no generation of bomber fan abandoned  there team..so guys we are better fans...no?

eam Home Avg. % of Capacity League Avg. Diff. Visitor Avg. % of Capacity League Avg. Diff.
BC 21,055.9 76.57% -3,635.6 25,416.0 78.49% +724.5
Calgary 27,474.2 77.61% +2,782.7 24,361.9 78.98% -329.6
Edmonton 30,998.0 55.06% +6,306.5 24,174.7 82.84% -516.8
Hamilton 24,001.3 98.77% -690.1 24,441.2 76.32% -250.3
Montreal 20,377.8 86.71% -4,313.7 23,872.8 75.04% -818.7
Ottawa 24,673.0 100.07% -18.5 23,025.2 72.88% -1,666.3
Saskatchewan 31,327.0 93.72% +6,635.5 27,054.0 78.96% +2,362.5
Toronto 16,380.3 60.67% -8,311.1 25,967.6 82.53% +1,276.1
Winnipeg 25,935.8 77.60% +1,244.3 23,910.0 74.85% -781.5
League Average 24,691.5 77.83% N/A 24,691.5 77.83% N/A

Doesn't look like a large margin, and you were 3rd in % of capacity...so didn't lead there

And really there is nothing else to do there or put money toward sports wise than every other city in Canada so I would hope people come out.

Christ Rider football is the only big ticket thing in the entire province so if people didn't support it they should be ashamed

45 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Those are not terrible options.   Riders Canadian content was vastly improved this offseason.  Stating otherwise is ignorant.

no... its not.. your depth is deplorable bud. go back to drinking your green koolaid tho.

trust us.  we know pathetic canadian depth when we see it.

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Nichols has started 32 games in his career...is 12 wins and 8 losses with winnipeg from 2015 to 2016

..Was 5 wins and 2 losses with edm in 2015

so for the math challenged Sask people that is 17 wins and 10 losses since 2015 for 27 games...I think he was 3-2 in his other 5 so that is 20 wins..12 losses.....so where does the lost a hell of a lot more come from?...credibility blown buddy...

for credibility to be blown, he would have had to have had some to begin with...

clearly not the case with this mold coloured troll.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, you see them based on history instead of present day reality. Smart.

and even then, 11-7 is still pretty damn good if we want to go with the history of last season, lol.