Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg

BigBlue

Just now, Mosaic said:

Riders Oline played very well in week 1 against a very good Alouettes defence.  Riders Oline had by far the least amount of pressures of all 8 teams that played, gave up only one sack, and opened holes for the leagues 3rd leading rusher, Marshall. 

I'm going to disagree with you about the ALs Dline. Those guys don't strike fear into anyone.

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

Riders Oline played very well in week 1 against a very good Alouettes defence.  Riders Oline had by far the least amount of pressures of all 8 teams that played, gave up only one sack, and opened holes for the leagues 3rd leading rusher, Marshall. 

very good compared to what?

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hate to burst your bubble but those are all terrible options and Jones/Murphy should be embarrassed by your Canadian content. 

Those are not terrible options.   Riders Canadian content was vastly improved this offseason.  Stating otherwise is ignorant.

I think I've literally just about had it with internet Rider fans. There are quite a number of them (CalgaryRiderFan, Beacon.x, Bingo_Arms, Huff Daddy and several others whose names just elude me right now) that are tolerable, awesome guys to talk football with but man, the majority of people over at Riderfans.com are the biggest bunch of deluded dumb as a post mouth breathers I've ever encountered. It's a shame, because every year I go to Regina for every single away game we have there, the people that I meet are awesome. It's a great city to go watch a game and the fans that are invested in supporting the Riders are great to be around.

But that website is a cesspool of stupidity. The stuff I've read on that site is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever imagined. Very few people on there have any clue about football as it relates to anything outside their province and trying to use any kind of reasoning with them is like talking to a doorknob. Wake up and smell the coffee, Rider fans. Your team is the worst team in the CFL, your coach is the laughing stock of the entire league and your GM somehow manages to have no clue what your head coach and defensive coordinator and media recruiting coordinator are doing, despite them all being the same person. You're using the last wear on the tires of old broken down pieces like Kevin Glenn, Jovon Johnson and Peter Dyakowski. Your coach can't stop fetishizing about the kudos he'll get if FINALLY he manages to turn a fullback into a defensive back or a tackle into a receiver and it affects the quality of your roster from top to bottom. You scout and house somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 players, yet can't find a single guy to play defensive back and somehow have to settle for convincing yourselves that Ed Gainey is serviceable. Maybe AC Leonard will stop going offside. Maybe Brenden Labatte won't get hurt for the 47th time. Maybe Henoc Muamba will stop being too fat. Maybe Duron Carter will keep his trap shut for once. Maybe Linden Gaydosh is duct taped together well enough to hold up for 3 or 4 games. Maybe Jordan Reaves will stop dealing cocaine. And maybe if all of that happens, you might have enough of a football team to piece together 7 or 8 wins this year.

Until then, know your place, shut up and enjoy the basement. I can't wait until we stomp these guys on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think I've literally just about had it with internet Rider fans. There are quite a number of them (CalgaryRiderFan, Beacon.x, Bingo_Arms, Huff Daddy and several others whose names just elude me right now) that are tolerable, awesome guys to talk football with but man, the majority of people over at Riderfans.com are the biggest bunch of deluded dumb as a post mouth breathers I've ever encountered. It's a shame, because every year I go to Regina for every single away game we have there, the people that I meet are awesome. It's a great city to go watch a game and the fans that are invested in supporting the Riders are great to be around.

But that website is a cesspool of stupidity. The stuff I've read on that site is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever imagined. Very few people on there have any clue about football as it relates to anything outside their province and trying to use any kind of reasoning with them is like talking to a doorknob. Wake up and smell the coffee, Rider fans. Your team is the worst team in the CFL, your coach is the laughing stock of the entire league and your GM somehow manages to have no clue what your head coach and defensive coordinator and media recruiting coordinator are doing, despite them all being the same person. You're using the last wear on the tires of old broken down pieces like Kevin Glenn, Jovon Johnson and Peter Dyakowski. Your coach can't stop fetishizing about the kudos he'll get if FINALLY he manages to turn a fullback into a defensive back or a tackle into a receiver and it affects the quality of your roster from top to bottom. You scout and house somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 players, yet can't find a single guy to play defensive back and somehow have to settle for convincing yourselves that Ed Gainey is serviceable. Maybe AC Leonard will stop going offside. Maybe Brenden Labatte won't get hurt for the 47th time. Maybe Henoc Muamba will stop being too fat. Maybe Duron Carter will keep his trap shut for once. Maybe Linden Gaydosh is duct taped together well enough to hold up for 3 or 4 games. Maybe Jordan Reaves will stop dealing cocaine. And maybe if all of that happens, you might have enough of a football team to piece together 7 or 8 wins this year.

Until then, know your place, shut up and enjoy the basement. I can't wait until we stomp these guys on Saturday.

One of your most impressive Diatribes Mike

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Copy and pasted for Sunday afternoon.  You speak about old broken down pieces of the Riders like Kevin Glenn (even though the Riders are the youngest team in the league) and then fail to acknowledge your own aging players, like Westerman who's numbers nosedived last season.  Didn't he get half the sacks in 2016 than he did in 2015?  Have a look at your own roster Mike and you'll see that if you take off the blue tinted glasses, you have as good a shot as anyone to finish in the basement.  Especially with the likes of Matt Nicholls at the helm who's lost one hell of a lot more games than he's won in the league.

Enjoy yourself on Saturday Mike, no hard hats required like at IGF ;)

Edited by Mosaic

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Well they only lost by 1 point to the second worst team in the league. For a team that hasn't won too many games in the past two and a half years moral victories are something that should be considered an accomplishment in Riderville.

Who says the Alouettes are the 2nd worst team in the league?  A fan of a team who hasn't won anything in more than a generation?  Hilarity

38 minutes ago, do or die said:

Meanwhile ole Booch is toiling over at RF....trying to convince those fans, that the Bombers have a pretty good roster, and Riderville is not all what is cracked up to be.    Despite his factual and articulate styling....he is making very little headway.....

hahah...yeash man I had time last few days to kill at work so thought I'd sign up and have some fun...what a bunch of no nothing idiots....it's rather entertaining truth be told...I trying to get banned

6 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Copy and pasted for Sunday afternoon.  You speak about old broken down pieces of the Riders like Kevin Glenn (even though the Riders are the youngest team in the league) and then fail to acknowledge your own aging players, like Westerman who's numbers nosedived last season.  Didn't he get half the sacks in 2016 than he did in 2015?  Have a look at your own roster Mike and you'll see that if you take off the blue tinted glasses, you have as good a shot as anyone to finish in the basement.  Especially with the likes of Matt Nicholls at the helm who's lost one hell of a lot more games than he's won in the league.

32 years old. Canadian.. And 24 sacks in the past two seasons. That's a weird example. 

Just now, Mosaic said:

Cope and pasted for Sunday afternoon.  You speak about old broken down pieces of the Riders like Kevin Glenn (even though the Riders are the youngest team in the league) and then fail to acknowledge your own aging players, like Westerman who's numbers nosedived last season.  Didn't he get half the sacks in 2016 than he did in 2015?  Have a look at your own roster Mike and you'll see that if you take off the blue tinted glasses, you have as good a shot as anyone to finish in the basement.  Especially with the likes of Matt Nicholls at the helm who's lost one hell of a lot more games than he's won in the league.

Go ahead and copy/paste it. You think my opinion will change if we lose Saturday? If we lose Saturday, we'll have lost to a terrible football team and we'll need to improve on it going forward.

PS - his record as a starter is 18-15, I know math isn't a strong suit over there but 15 is not "one hell of a lot more" than 18. It's actually less.

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

32 years old. Canadian.. And 24 sacks in the past two seasons. That's a weird example. 

That's old for a DE and his sack totals were cut in half last season.  Will they be cut in half again this season?  Trends say so for a DE pushing mid-30's

Edited by Mosaic

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Go ahead and copy/paste it. You think my opinion will change if we lose Saturday? If we lose Saturday, we'll have lost to a terrible football team and we'll need to improve on it going forward.

PS - his record as a starter is 18-15, I know math isn't a strong suit over there but 15 is not "one hell of a lot more" than 18. It's actually less.

Whats his record of games he's actually played in?  I believe Derek Taylor had the stat up a couple months ago and it was more losses than wins.  If you're confident hitching your wagon to Nicholls at a contract like that, knock yourself out.

Edited by Mosaic

9 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Nichols has started 32 games in his career...is 12 wins and 8 losses with winnipeg from 2015 to 2016

..Was 5 wins and 2 losses with edm in 2015

so for the math challenged Sask people that is 17 wins and 10 losses since 2015 for 27 games...I think he was 3-2 in his other 5 so that is 20 wins..12 losses.....so where does the lost a hell of a lot more come from?...credibility blown buddy...

Just now, Mosaic said:

That's old for a DE and his sack totals were cut in half last season.  Will they be cut in half again this season?  Trends say so

That's old for a DE, she says. Westerman is younger than Charleston Hughes and John Chick, who were 1-2 in the league in sacks last year.

Pretty clear by now that you don't understand football. Buzz off.

Wasn't Westerman first in league last year in hurries...which results in an interception a lot of the time...which we dominated in?  Oh yeah thats right..so washed up

I'd take a pic any day over a sac.....fool

Edited by Booch