Tiger-Cats @ Argonauts

Zontar

21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If you saw the game yesterday, between the Ticats and the Argos, you saw what Zach Collaros is really like when you don't have 

a) decent blocking and b.) a proper OC, you know, like the Bombers were like not too long ago. So, ask yourselves, would he really have been better here, with the lineup we were putting out in the past?

Those funky, semi-sidearm throwing mechanics of ZC, do not translate as well, from deep in the pocket..... as they do, when he throws it while on the move....

Edited by do or die

48 minutes ago, Atomic said:

HUGE blow for Hamilton.  He was their best piece on offence and they don't have a lot of them.

coulda swore I saw on twitter that T Olliver called out Drew Edwards for giving this info out.. something along the lines of "cool, how'd you know before I do?"

might not be as bad as advertised.

reported that Bear Woods signed for $110,000 in toronto.  He was an absolute beast last weekend, man i wish the bombers would have made a play on him.  Thats less than Kenny Stafford money we gave him before cutting him.  

Edit: box score had him at 3 DTs? That didnt seem right the dude was everywhere that game.  

Edited by peggars

1 minute ago, peggars said:

reported that Bear Woods signed for $110,000 in toronto.  He was an absolute beast last weekend, man i wish the bombers would have made a play on him.  Thats less than Kenny Stafford money we gave him before cutting him.  

Edit: box score had him at 3 DTs? That didnt seem right the dude was everywhere that game.  

I'm afraid that he and Jerome Messam are going to fall into the "ones that got away" category to regret.

21 minutes ago, tracker said:

I'm afraid that he and Jerome Messam are going to fall into the "ones that got away" category to regret.

One of my biggest regrets is when Geroy Simon tried to return to the Bombers after his flirt with the NFL ... we couldn't find room for him

Stupid is as stubborn does

19 minutes ago, peggars said:

Lets hope poop is a RoY candidate on the line and makes Hurl's presence on D more tolerable.  

Sam is a guy you want at MLB. Tough as nails and directs traffic extremely well. Guy you want to play with. Ian and Sam are a great combo.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Sam is a guy you want at MLB. Tough as nails and directs traffic extremely well. Guy you want to play with. Ian and Sam are a great combo.

I liked Greg Peach but he was also a guy who was tough as nails and a great teammate but at the end of the day the pure TALENT wasn't there and so we moved on.  I hope Hurl works out because I like him but he's got an uphill climb.

16 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

One of my biggest regrets is when Geroy Simon tried to return to the Bombers after his flirt with the NFL ... we couldn't find room for him

Stupid is as stubborn does

You were going to cut which of Stegall, Gordon or Bruce to get him back in? Let's be honest, Arland Bruce was a damned fine replacement for Geroy Simon. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I liked Bobby Gorgeous but yeah I'd cut him for Simon.

That's using hind sight. Geroy Simon who became one of the all time leaders isn't the same guy that was young just returning from the NFL and Bobby Gordon was Khari's safety blanket at receiver, you don't just drop a guy like that. 

The real choice was Bruce or Simon and in that case it's hard to argue one way or the other because they were both damned good. 

17 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I think everyone already knows this... it's the lack of natural athleticism and speed that holds him back...

and like @Atomic mentioned, that also accurately describes Greg Peach...

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Actually they could have cut Mills or Blount when Geroy came back because we had three running backs on the roster at the time. Might not have needed Simon in 01 but would have been a great future investment and we didn't need three running backs by then because Roberts had emerged.

in 01 Charles Roberts was still just a rookie and remember he also walked out on the team at one point in 01. Hardly a guy anyone was ready to completely hitch their wagon too. I think there were injuries amongst those running backs as well, plus there's the fact that there's only one football and they played some Canadians at receiver too. They set up the roster in such a way that it was unlikely to just pile on more American receivers. Yeah hind sight says one thing, but having to share the ball with Milt and Gordon and Bruce likely winds up with Geroy Simon not being an all time receiver. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's using hind sight. Geroy Simon who became one of the all time leaders isn't the same guy that was young just returning from the NFL and Bobby Gordon was Khari's safety blanket at receiver, you don't just drop a guy like that. 

The real choice was Bruce or Simon and in that case it's hard to argue one way or the other because they were both damned good. 

Gordon was a ridiculously talented receiver for finding the open spots on the field and for possession.   Id have kept him over Simon at that point too..

20 hours ago, 17to85 said:

in 01 Charles Roberts was still just a rookie and remember he also walked out on the team at one point in 01. Hardly a guy anyone was ready to completely hitch their wagon too. I think there were injuries amongst those running backs as well, plus there's the fact that there's only one football and they played some Canadians at receiver too. They set up the roster in such a way that it was unlikely to just pile on more American receivers. Yeah hind sight says one thing, but having to share the ball with Milt and Gordon and Bruce likely winds up with Geroy Simon not being an all time receiver. 

There was also a money issue (as in BC offered more)... I met Milt some time around 05/06 at a charity event (it was a relatively small dinner so I actually had a chance to have some real conversation with him)... I asked him about Geroy and he said it he wanted to come back but he, understandably, followed the money...