TSN TV & Media

BigBlue

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If TSN aquired the broadcast rights, there's a good chance they would just link to the TV feed as the Argos have recently, trends following economics as they do.  They would still do their pre and post-game shows as they do now so it would be a pretty seamless transition.

Only Toronto is doing that Hamilton, Ottawa and I believe BC are on TSN radio stations. Argos will have broadcasters now for all home games and select road games. I image all the eastern ones.

TSN Hamilton is a breath of fresh air for CFL.  Dedicated show and talk everyday. But flagship TOR station its quite rare to hear any talk. As far as attention to CFL in morning and drive time shows they are as good as Rogers media at pretending it doesnt exist

On 2017-06-09 at 11:53 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If TSN aquired the broadcast rights...

Well they would be doing the Bombers now if ex-CJOB boss Butchko didn't give CJOB an extension when he became Bombers CEO.

In hindsight he might have got CJOB the contract extension before the CEO job. Either way shady.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 6/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mark F said:

I thought that TSN 1290 was going to have more Bomber coverage. It's still hockey most of the time. so boring.

I did learn about the hockey franchise in Sandiego though. And some news about the Kansas City Chiefs.

I wouldn't go to tsn 1290 if I was running the Bombers. The team would be buried under the hockey news.

I know the members here have a strong dislike for roughriders team and fans

but they have far more coverage of the team than we do. pretty sure there's two hours every day on Regina 620 radio.

What would it cost the Bombers to have their own radio coverage? couple of hours a day.

doesn't cost much to set up an FM transmitter. Or use the transmitter and studio from UMFM radio station. Then a network to other stations in Manitoba. They've already got Ed Tait, who has broadcast experience, he could contribute an hour a day.

Get Noeller to run it.

The jets really have created a brain drain sports wise in the area. Media, butts in seats all over the map. The riders dont have that. 

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

TSN getting the radio rights would be bad news for the Bombers.  Wait until their playoff game is only available online because the Jets are playing the Florida Panthers on the Sunday afternoon.

Can the Bombers not afford to take the highest bidder for radio rights?

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The highest bid may not be the best option. If, as others here have posed, the Bombers get buried under NHL and MLB coverage, that would cost the Bombers in their profile in the community. If Bob Irving does not want to be part of the package, that would be doubly bad.

Uggghh, I feel more ill-informed after the game than before it, what a pathetic fan experience this TC has been so far.  Broken audio, reading gibberish tweets and watching 3 minute clips of some guy holding his phone sideways from the 92nd row....hopefully the Bombers have some excellent film on which to make decisions.  I for one am going back to staring at the roster sheet and playing eeny, meeny, miny, moe (keep Moe) as was the method commonly used before they invented electricity....

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

My thoughts exactly.  As somone who works evening shift every weekend, I look forward to coming home and watching CFL highlights but this is rediculous.  I get that it's pre-season but all I got from this is "Vince Young didn't play"  and "Matt Nichols sucks".

Reminds me of the season opener a couple years back against the Riders.  I remember it being an entertaining back-n-forth game which the Bombers won but TSN's highlight package made it seem like the Riders dominated the entire game with the Bombers squeeking out a win in the end.

Edited by R0BERTS

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

What a bush league report. The talking heads on Sports Desk or whatever they call it seem to have little or no respect & knowledge of the league. They're as bad as Rogers. Why a network that invests money into the CFL has such joke coverage is beyond me.

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The radio rights themselves have a nominal value.  It's more of a marketing deal.  Who is going to get the Bomber games, talk and information to the most ears?  Is 1290 going to dedicate air time pre and post game to the Bombers once the Jets are playing?  They pre-empted all Bomber coverage for anything Jets last year including the NHL draft and pre-season coverage.  Personally I think CJOB is the better option.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

TSN getting the radio rights would be bad news for the Bombers.  Wait until their playoff game is only available online because the Jets are playing the Florida Panthers on the Sunday afternoon.

Or it would just air on another TSN TV feed.

I think TSN getting the radio rights for the Bombers is inevitable.

Edited by blue_gold_84