2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Is a Mike Smith / Lack combo really better than Elliot / Johnson? 

Jagr to Wpg would obvs never happen, but how sweet would that be! 

No. Its not. Smith is old And washed up. 

Jagr would be cool but wont happen. 

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Good luck. Good guy. Down to earth snd nice. Best of luck. 

Got hurt a lot his first couple of years and then Maurice would yank him when he made a mistake...never seemed to get the same chances as Chiarot...or Stuart. Has more offensive upside than most of our d but was never used on the second pp even. Good luck, he should definitely try a different coach that may give him a better shot. Would been an upgrade over Enstrom on the second pp. Enstrom everybody knows he is a great passer but his shot scares nobody.

Edited by bb1

12 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Is a Mike Smith / Lack combo really better than Elliot / Johnson? 

Jagr to Wpg would obvs never happen, but how sweet would that be! 

Probably get blasted for this but I think Smith is a top-tier goalie in the NHL who was stuck in a terrible situation in Arizona.  He will greatly improve the Flames.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Probably get blasted for this but I think Smith is a top-tier goalie in the NHL who was stuck in a terrible situation in Arizona.  He will greatly improve the Flames.

Smith's been overrated his entire career. Not a fan of that guy. As for Jags, if you think he's coming to the coldest-weather climate in the NHL at this point in his career, you're insane. He'd go to the K before coming to Wpg, I think....

I like Postma for the depth.  He probably never got the chance to "make it" in the same way Chiarot got the chance.  But as Goalie said, he was behind guys that were better than him.  Jets probably feel there is more depth there now, even in the event of injury, they'd go with Chiarot/Poolman etc, younger guys.

I think Postma will be a regular for the Canucks if he signs (though the Canucks suck too)

I like what Calgary is doing.  They will be good this year.  Its possible Smith and Lack crap the bed but they are betting on both to play up to their potential/standard.  And I think they will be fine.

55 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't know about top tier, but I definitely disagree about him being washed up. IMO he'll do well in Calgary.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Postma is RHD and isnt better than trouba buff or myers. Best of luck. Not a huge loss at all. 

Hmm never mentioned Trouba Buff or Myers or Morrrisey ethier of course they are better?Was talking about our 5 and 6 d and spelling Enstrom on the pp. Anyways good luck to Postma..

Edited by bb1