Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

Just now, tracker said:

Was listening to 1290 today interviewing Rod Peterson. He was pretty candid in describing the Rider training camp as being close to desperate, but of interest was his anointing of Brian Bennett as clearly no worse than the second best QB in camp. Mr. Young is looking lost and disinterested.

I'd take that with a lot of validity coming from a homer like Pedersen. In reading some of the tweets from Luc Mullinder and the contradicting reports coming from fans who were at present,  there seems to be a lot of fluffing going on from the rider media ppl for the most part

Anybody listening  Bauming's show? He just said he doesn't think Woods is coming.

Also said the money saved from Waggoner and Smith is already spent. Those retirements likely saved us from having to cut a bigger salary in camp. He say we also redid a couple of contracts.

Edited by sweep the leg

30 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Anybody listening  Bauming's show? He just said he doesn't think Woods is coming.

Also said the money saved from Waggoner and Smith is already spent. Those retirements likely saved us from having to cut a bigger salary in camp. He say we also redid a couple of contracts.

I'm alright with it. If it means having our core happy and signed up thats a big win in my books.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Ya pretty much what i thought. Id rather have him then say hurl, despite the pass port cus he'd start. But i dont see it happening. 

?‍?One of the would be saviours, at QB for the Riders, didn't last long...

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announce the following:

ACTIVATED:

• OL, Derek Dennis

• WR, Bakari Grant

RELEASE:

•QB, Maty Mauk.

Taylor Shire

Justin Cox & his lawyer now plan on contacting the #CFL to let them know of his not guilty verdict, with hopes of a return to the league.

?‍?Suspicious testimony from Cox's GF on the alleged assault, such as, when asked about her black eyes - "he didn't mean to hit me" Needless to say Rider fans are all giddy about this turn of events.

I don't know, after two previous assaults, this sounds more like convincing the girl to lighten up on the facts...

The verdict is based on "not guilty - not enough evidence to support the charges" not "not guilty of the charges". There's a difference...

The ball is now in the CFL's court.

6 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Grey Cup for Glenn talk over at Riderfans.

Must be training camp season. 

Lots of laughs over Kavis cutting a heart and soul player for nothing.

No way Jones does that.......wait a sec

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

This is total BS comment and not true. Say what you want about the riders but you don't have to make stuff up.

I actually gotta agree here. Seems most don't think the team should touch him or at least not expecting anything to happen.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually gotta agree here. Seems most don't think the team should touch him or at least not expecting anything to happen.

Domestic violence is one of the worst crimes in the sense that the victim is often trapped living with the abuser.. I'm not so sure I want him back. It happened twice before he came t the cfl which I wasn't crazy about either. I believe in giving people a second chance, none of us are angels. I see a pattern with a third charge now in Regina. I have three daughters and am a season ticket holder. I hope the team takes a serious look into this and makes a solid decision with everything considered.  Can he play? Yes. Do we need him? probably. Should we bring him back? I'm not so sure we should.