Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I always jump in these threads after Rich has cleaned it all up... I miss all the fun!

It was a race to get likes.  We'll have to find other ways to get them I guess.  My vote is still for more Rider/Saskatchewan inbred hillbilly jokes.

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:
Career highlights and awards

Quite the pedigree. Hopefully his game transfers over to the CFL.

his dad also played in the NFL if i read wiki correctly

I've recently been a little critical of walters DL recruiting pipeline (seems like most our DL have been FA pick ups under his tenure) but this seems like a good recruit on his part.  Can I get a keep em coming Waltzie  Image result for thumbs up emoji

I always go back to something Walters said about having to wait on a lot of guys they've been recruiting for a long time now. Sometimes, he (the scouts) could have been recruiting a guy for years, but you can't put a gun to their head and make them come north. It may seem like he's not able to recruit well at a certain position, but maybe they just haven't been able to get their best options to come north yet..

not degrading the signing, but Just to temper the enthusiasm a bit last year we had a big time D - end lineman from Alabama, that people were excited about, and he's no longer with the team.

Of course I hope this guy works out, and I have no reason to think he won't.

yours truly,

Tburg (junior)

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

not degrading the signing, but Just to temper the enthusiasm a bit last year we had a big time D - end lineman from Alabama, that people were excited about, and he's no longer with the team.

yours truly,

Tburg (junior)

Cue site admin warnings.......

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:
Career highlights and awards

Quite the pedigree. Hopefully his game transfers over to the CFL.

sweet christmas thats a stud rush end prospect. Not many rush ends play basketball and track at a good level. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jackson-jeffcoat?id=2543660

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

yours truly,

Tburg (junior)

The difference is we dont go in projecting a guy like him to start. He has to come in and take some ones job. But yeah big school high upside kids like him are real boom or bust. 

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Jackson Jeffcoat is a kickass name.

Now I'd like to see an OL to compete with Hardrick, another MLB and another NI REC

Been a long time since there has been this much competition for spots all through the roster... except OL...

Why Hardrick, specifically?

17 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Jackson Jeffcoat is a kickass name.

Now I'd like to see an OL to compete with Hardrick, another MLB and another NI REC

Been a long time since there has been this much competition for spots all through the roster... except OL...

If NFL interest doesn't materialize I'd like the Bombers to draft Geoff Gray.  Could be a starting National at one of the OT spots down the road.