2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

10 hours ago, bustamente said:

Do think anyone in Calgary thought they would be shown the door so quickly, probably be looking for a new goalie for next year with both of their's being free agent's. 

I did, but then again I ain't a Flames fan so I don't buy the crap the media sells about that team being actually good. 

The only reason they did anything was when their goalies went on crazy hot streaks, less than insane level goal tending that team had a shitty record. Plus their record vs. playoff teams was poor, they feasted on crappy teams in the regular season. Total playoff pretender and not a surprise the Ducks dispatched them without much effort. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I did, but then again I ain't a Flames fan so I don't buy the crap the media sells about that team being actually good. 

The only reason they did anything was when their goalies went on crazy hot streaks, less than insane level goal tending that team had a shitty record. Plus their record vs. playoff teams was poor, they feasted on crappy teams in the regular season. Total playoff pretender and not a surprise the Ducks dispatched them without much effort. 

Your are right apart from that long streak of wins they were a very average team.

Calgary is one forward and one goalie away from being a legit contender... as close or closer than the Jets.  Same youth movement, same problems.

Nick Bonino or Dwight King would probably do it.  I could see Scott Darling ending up here too.

Sign Iggy to a 1-1.5 mill contract for leadership...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Calgary is one forward and one goalie away from being a legit contender... as close or closer than the Jets.  Same youth movement, same problems.

Nick Bonino or Dwight King would probably do it.  I could see Scott Darling ending up here too.

Sign Iggy to a 1-1.5 mill contract for leadership...

A 35 point 3rd line center, Scott Darling and Iggy maybe gets the Flames out of the first round, not contender status.

iHeart Sez: I don't have a prediction let's just see what happens, maybe MTL will win today maybe they won't, maybe the Penguins will finish the job maybe they won't. Maybe the Oilers will do better today.....I expect them to at least score at least once tonight

Edited by iHeart

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

And the Chicago Blackhawks get swept. Who saw it coming? Not me. Although the way Winnipeg played Chicago this season I definitely saw some holes in their game that made me doubt they were the Chicago of old, even if they won a lot of regular season games. 

They lost in round 1 last year also