Curling

bearpants

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key part of the Manitoba win over Northern Ontario is that it drops Jacobs to 3 losses I believe which makes things real interesting for the playoffs cause there's no guarantees. Now I would have to look but I think they've already faced all the "top" teams so maybe they have a soft end but at 3 losses there isn't a lot of room for error anymore. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Noeller said:

-Koe massively overrated...not as good, IMO, as Jacobs, McEwen and (sometimes) Douchue.

-On any given day, one of Jacobs, Douchue and McEwen can and should win this event
-Douchue has won exactly 0 Briers, for all the free trips he's been given to the event. Only real thing he's ever won is Oly Trials, and that was with Russ Howard holding his hand and continually talking him out of stupid ****. There is a really legitimate chance he doesn't even make playoffs in his hometown Brier...unreal.

-I'm hoping the final is Mike vs The Juice Monkeys, but we'll see how the week plays out. McEwen's team played like **** for 5 ends this morning and pulled one outta their ass because it was New Brunswick...anyone else, and that'd be over in 8.

-Glennard was done 5 years ago...it's just sad watching the poor bastard out there now. Shoulda been Epping repping Ontario...

Never been a Howard fan. Glen or especially his brother Russ as I always thought he was a hotdog. If I was playing on the next sheet over from Russ in the Brier & he started his screaming fest as I was lining up in the hack for my shot, I'd have got up & stuffed my brush down his throat.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

It appears I overestimated the Old Dog (Glenn Howard)... I actually really had no idea what to think of that team but I assumed that since he won Ontario he must've had something left in the tank... 

I have to disagree with you guys on Koe... I think he's a great shot maker and has gotten a lot smarter over the years... definitely a top 5 squad in the world...

really loving the way the McEwen rink is playing this week... should be a good one against Koe... but otherwise, as long as they don't take the pedal off they should handle the Frenchmen and Howard with ease... 

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Koe is a good player and always has been, but there's more than one guy on a team and while he's got some good players on that team, I don't think it's as good a mix as some of the other teams. 

Koe MIGHT be a Top 10 team in the world.....but I'd be generous on that. If you're accounting teams like Murdoch and Edin, then it's a tough list to crack. Koe's team is old and fading quickly, with just one example being Benny Hebert's wonky knee this week. And who do they get to replace him? ******* Scott Pfifer, who's like 90 by now.....

The list looks something like this:

Jacobs

Gushue

McEwen

Carruthers

Edin

Epping

Laycock

Koe

Murdoch

Cotter/Menard/Dunstone/etc...

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Koe is a good player and always has been, but there's more than one guy on a team and while he's got some good players on that team, I don't think it's as good a mix as some of the other teams. 

Yeah that's a good point... I'm not so sure Marc Kennedy is cut out to be a third... when he was second on Martin's team... he was second to none... man it seemed like Kennedy and Hebert could drag a hogged rock to the button... those guys changed the way sweeping is done...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Koe MIGHT be a Top 10 team in the world.....but I'd be generous on that. If you're accounting teams like Murdoch and Edin, then it's a tough list to crack. Koe's team is old and fading quickly, with just one example being Benny Hebert's wonky knee this week. And who do they get to replace him? ******* Scott Pfifer, who's like 90 by now.....

LOL... I'm pretty sure Scott Pfifer is in his 30s... :lol: