Migration (To the General Forum)

Kluchk

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Not that I want to support the troll... but most of our population gain is from immigration.   

Yes we did benefit from immigration, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of international treaty concerning cruel and unusual punishment that prohibits immigrants and refugees from being situated in Saskatchewan.

On 2017-02-11 at 11:11 AM, Kluchk said:

Yes. A brand new facility I'm sure has everything to do with why they aren't coming. And I'm sure last year's combine was a turn off to. 

excelent speling/grammar!

or perhaps Kluck meant a turn off, as in an exit, and  got distracted, forgetting to include the turn off destination.

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Yes we did benefit from immigration, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of international treaty concerning cruel and unusual punishment that prohibits immigrants and refugees from being situated in Saskatchewan.

That, and the mandatory prefrontal lobotomy so they wouldn't stand out.

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Fun fact... unless you are a member of the first nations we all are here because someone In our family  (likely grandparents ) immigrated to Canada 

Fun fact... the first nations people immigrated too, it was just a lot earlier in history.

Funner fact.  First Nations folks did not immigrate here because the definition of immigration is: "the international movement of people into a destination country of which they are not natives or where they do not possess citizenship in order to settle or reside there."  There was no nation or country to immigrate to because that concept did not yet exist, therefore, they migrated.  That's why it is inaccurate to say that they are immigrants too. 

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Funner fact.  First Nations folks did not immigrate here because the definition of immigration is: "the international movement of people into a destination country of which they are not natives or where they do not possess citizenship in order to settle or reside there."  There was no nation or country to immigrate to because that concept did not yet exist, therefore, they migrated.  That's why it is inaccurate to say that they are immigrants too. 

That's using a modern definition to split hairs. Everyone is an immigrant if you go back far enough.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

That's using a modern definition to split hairs. Everyone is an immigrant if you go back far enough.

Actually, it's not. He's correct. Everyone has migrated at some point but, as pointed out, immigration requires the modern concept of country/nation. It's part of the definition.