Chevy Moves or Nonmoves before the TD?

Ducky

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

The point is to do it before the draft.  

Darling is a UFA, so you would either have to be giving up a low draft pick for neg rights or have had talks with him and be relatively sure you can sign him.

Now even if you do all that, then you aren't protecting both Darling and Hellebuyck, so you will risk losing one of them.

Best case would be to sign him without giving up anything in free agency.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Darling is a UFA, so you would either have to be giving up a low draft pick for neg rights or have had talks with him and be relatively sure you can sign him.

Now even if you do all that, then you aren't protecting both Darling and Hellebuyck, so you will risk losing one of them.

Best case would be to sign him without giving up anything in free agency.

Ah good point, I didn't know that Darling was a UFA.  Clearly then it's a post draft move.  Regardless, I'd love to have him here.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

NSH is 6 pts ahead with two games in hand

LA is 6 pts ahead with a game in hand

Calgary is 5 pts ahead

Vancouver is tied with us with two games in hand

The Jets are not making the playoffs.  They had their chance at a 'streak' in Colorado and blew it.

I don't think they will either and have been saying it since Nvoember but mathematically, they are still very much in it.

edit ... I don't think the Canucks or the Flames will make the playoffs and I think the Preds do and not in a wild card spot either....I think the Preds finish 3rd.

Edited by Ducky

Larsson is the D I'd like to get from the Ducks.

It looks like, and has for most of the year, that 90 points will get you into the playoffs this year. They need 36 points to hit 90.

18-8? Even though they have one of the best schedules for the last 6 or so weeks of the season, I doubt it. The other teams are going to be playing catch up once the Jets get their 5-6 days off this month.

I remember how every game for the last 4-5 weeks of the season seemed like a playoff game in 2015 when they made it to the post season and how the team played. I don't see this team having that in them. More talented but not as "driven" because I can't think of a better word to use there.

20 hours ago, Ducky said:

Larsson is the D I'd like to get from the Ducks.

It looks like, and has for most of the year, that 90 points will get you into the playoffs this year. They need 36 points to hit 90.

18-8? Even though they have one of the best schedules for the last 6 or so weeks of the season, I doubt it. The other teams are going to be playing catch up once the Jets get their 5-6 days off this month.

I remember how every game for the last 4-5 weeks of the season seemed like a playoff game in 2015 when they made it to the post season and how the team played. I don't see this team having that in them. More talented but not as "driven" because I can't think of a better word to use there.

The word you can't think of Isn't a word... it's a series of words.