Game 57 : Blackhawks @ 26 Games Left

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

TSN had an interesting stat. If you don't count games Helle was pulled, he has a .926. 

Of course it's taking away his worst games and if you did that with every goalie their stats would improve. But you don't get pulled every game. Only really bad games. If he can cut down on the really bad games, he's a solid goalie. 

If only he didn't let in so many goals he would be an excellent goalie

27 minutes ago, Ducky said:

But he had .912 save percentage.

Most people on here would rather have the stats than the wins.  I honestly don't care what the save percentages are,  I would rather have the win.

You confuse people rating a single players performance with a game result.  

The win is a team stat.  Everyone would rather have the win.  But you can still rate how a single player played.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

So he played below average? By the way on every goalie stat sheet it shows wins and losses.

You are right of course the game of hockey is solely decided by how many pucks a team saves, not how many goals a team scores. 

Now I know, thanks for the education. When we win, the goalie played well.  When we lose, the goalie didn't.

The rest doesn't matter. 

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I just compared his save percentage with the leagues average. That says he played below average. This is what the stats guys want to see they don't care about wins.

Quit putting words into people's mouths to try and prove a point.   It gets tiring and exhausting reading this stuff.  

No one has ever said they don't care about wins. 

I call a spade a spade...if someone plays well, I give them credit and Hutch played well...do I think he is the answer? no...do I still want to see Comrie? yes. Do I start Hutch next game? yes...will Maurice? doubt it.

Jets lose 5 - 2.  Hutch posts on .871. 

Apparently wins aren't always the only thing that matter. 

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

TUP said he'd rather have stats than wins.

Putting words in other people'smouths?

I ask a question whether he played below league average and now I am saying goals scored don't count? Take a look in the mirror.

This is essentially what you are saying when you say wins are the only thing that matters when judging a goalies performance. 

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

For the rest of the season ya, it is all that matters. Go argue with yourself I am sick of arguing with  people that want a goalies stats over wins for the rest of this season.

This is the problem. You are arguing things that Ive never said.  Maybe if you try to read what people are saying rather then go into this routine you have here, this would be a happier place. 

I've never said I want stats over wins.  Yet here we are arguing about it. 

I want people on this forum to be able to discuss the performance of a goalie without someone replying to every post that it doesn't matter cause we didn't win.  

And honestly, wins don't even matter at this point. We are in next year territory already. 

Helle played well, I have already said that...not well enough is all.

You mean like callilng to fire Maurice after every game whether we win or lose? Something like that?

I have said they are out of it back in November when it was obvious but mathematically, they are still very in it.

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Helle played well, I have already said that...not well enough is all.

You mean like callilng to fire Maurice after every game whether we win or lose? Something like that?

I have said they are out of it back in November when it was obvious but mathematically, they are still very in it.

If Helle played well, he played well. 

The team didn't play well enough to win.

That is all people are saying.  Don't put wins and losses solely on a goalie or say the goalie didn't play well enough for the sole fact we lost. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

If Helle played well, he played well. 

The team didn't play well enough to win.

That is all people are saying.  Don't put wins and losses solely on a goalie or say the goalie didn't play well enough for the sole fact we lost. 

Hellebuyck did not play well enough to win

The 1st goal Scheif, Wheeler, Copper, and Buff all leaving the zone and a 2 on 1 with Enstrom.

The 2nd goal, Helle lets out a rebound center stage and it is in.

The 3rd goal is hard to tell whether he is screened or not to be honest...saw the replay on NHL.com about 5 times but haven't watched it on the PVR yet.

edit ... I like Morrissey's game a lot. He stands up for himself and picks his hits well too. Trouba, Little, MP, and Lowry had good games.

Edited by Ducky

3 hours ago, Rich said:

This is the problem. You are arguing things that Ive never said.  Maybe if you try to read what people are saying rather then go into this routine you have here, this would be a happier place. 

I've never said I want stats over wins.  Yet here we are arguing about it. 

I want people on this forum to be able to discuss the performance of a goalie without someone replying to every post that it doesn't matter cause we didn't win.  

And honestly, wins don't even matter at this point. We are in next year territory already. 

Yup almost the "Go Bombers Go' time.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

The 1st goal Scheif, Wheeler, Copper, and Buff all leaving the zone and a 2 on 1 with Enstrom.

The 2nd goal, Helle lets out a rebound center stage and it is in.

The 3rd goal is hard to tell whether he is screened or not to be honest...saw the replay on NHL.com about 5 times but haven't watched it on the PVR yet.

edit ... I like Morrissey's game a lot. He stands up for himself and picks his hits well too. Trouba, Little, MP, and Lowry had good games.

The 1st goal wheeler turned it over then buff turned it over.. 1 timer. Goal 

2nd goal he made the save but enstrom got out muscled 

3rd goal screened by buff and deflected off buffs ass

Helle played well enough to win last night IF he had received the same goal support Pav has enjoyed this year.  This has been the most telling stat among the results we have seen.  Pav has won more frequently because he has received the most goal support. 

Per stats.hockeyanalysis.com, here is the goals support received by Jets goalies this year:

Pav :  3.82 per 60min played

Helle: 2.88 per 60

Hutch:  1.92 per 60.  

Pav gets almost 4 goals per game support, Hutch gets the short end of the straw at less than 2.  

Helle let in 3 last night, If Jets score 4, like they have in most of Pav's games, the team wins.

Wins is a team stat.  PERIOD.